INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording TV with MJ 8 - How do I set the codec?  (Read 916 times)

kkuphal

Recording TV with MJ 8 - How do I set the codec?
« on: April 25, 2002, 07:13:32 am »

I don't want to record to raw AVI for obvious reasons, but when I add a recording task in the MJ it only asks for the file name, not the recording format.  Is there a way to set this?

Yaobing

RE:Recording TV with MJ 8 - How do I set the codec?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2002, 07:54:37 am »

You are trying to record using Media Scheduler, right? Currently the recording configuration options have been built into the TV component, but MJ has yet offer access to them. Please wait for the next few builds to find that access. Then you will not only be able to record from Media Scheduler, but also make instant recording directly from MJ. You will be able to configure recording format by selecting "Configure Capture ..." from context menu.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2002, 03:22:07 pm »

We're working hard in this area and it would be helpful to have someone testing.  Please keep in touch if you'd like to do some.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

kkuphal

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 05:52:11 pm »

I'd be happy to help with testing any recording features you offer for the TV component.  I look forward to the later builds that include this.

Scronch

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2002, 06:30:48 pm »

Please include a built-in cable descrambler.  Next Page

Mr.X

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2002, 06:57:28 am »

I may be able to do some testing as well, once we figure out why my ATI card is running poorly through MJ8.

-Mr.X

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2002, 09:34:15 am »

I have an All in Wonder card and it works well, so the problem is probably configuration.  Check whether you have it set to cable or antenna.

Version 8.0.260 provides some limited recording from the right click menu, but this will be improved in the next few builds.  The Media Scheduler recording uses an older protocol, so it won't currently work in this build.  We know the interface is bad right now.  Stay tuned.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up