INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Off Topic to CVIII  (Read 1276 times)

sekim

Off Topic to CVIII
« on: April 24, 2002, 05:32:24 pm »

CVIII,

Bummer dude, nothing seems to show up. Not typing in white fonts are you? Next Page

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Off Topic to CVIII
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2002, 05:38:19 pm »

MH,
Mine are blank, too? That's what I called to tell you about. Blankness. I wondered if it was a social commentary. Did you get the MPC setup instructions?
CVIII

Listening to: 'Black Friday' from 'A Decade Of Steely Dan' by 'Steely Dan' on Media Jukebox
That's right.
I'm cool.

sekim

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2002, 05:51:00 pm »

No I didn't. Wonder what's up with that? Here's another thought, try zrtm@hotmail.com. Maybe that will work. Wife had it set up for some instant message whatchamacallit. I think it is still active, never use it for regular e-mail.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2002, 06:00:59 pm »

I could just post it here. That's where I got it in the first place. Search, Copy, Paste.
That's right.
I'm cool.

sekim

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2002, 06:31:36 pm »

I suppose that would work just as well. You found it in here? I could look for it myself if I knew what and who.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2002, 03:17:58 pm »

Machine Head,

This is how to set it up after you download the ZIP file:

In MJ, go to Options, Encoding, choose External encoder, choose the position of the unzipped encoder.
Then in the second line, below "Exe path", type: --xtreme %IN %OUT
That setting will make the encoder encode in the xtreme-setting. Basically there are three settings:
Standard- type: "--verbose %IN %OUT"
Xtreme-type:as above
Insane-type: "--insane %IN %OUT"
In the line "Extension" overwrite the existing "mp|PLS|" with "mpc"

Then in MJ, go to Settings, choose Pluginmanager, choose Add plugin, and select the mpc plugin that you downloaded from naivesoftware's page.
When you have installed this input plugin, you should see it in the list in plugin manager under Input plugins.
Select then this mpc plugin and choose "configure".
Usually the default settings here are as they should be - consider checking the dithering option.
Now you are set to go, both in encoding and playing mpc files.

This worked for me on earlier versions, I assume it will work for the newest one. I haven't tried it yet. The DOS screen stuff is automatic. All you can do is watch it.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

sekim

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2002, 03:25:34 pm »

CVIII,

Thanks, a bunch. I'll give it a shot.

sekim

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2002, 04:18:34 pm »

CVIII,

Well it is installed and runs, but fails to import any of the files. Tried importing any media files on computer after the rip to see if they were stashed somewhere else. No luck. Also of note, it didn't actually show the DOS screen until finished with each track . And only briefly at that. Does the rip extremly fast, now if it would only import...

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2002, 05:20:11 pm »

It shouldn't be that fast. And the DOS screen should stay on for a few minutes. And there's a progress counter in "#% complete" form.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _

I just checked it out and it doesn't work right. I downloaded both the musepack for MJ and for the "regular" folks, which is the one you must use for "external encoder", and can't get either one to work right. Both crash MJ. There was a new file added to the media library with the filename and an mpc extension but it was 1411, like the original wav but wouldn't play. The "conversion" was also much too fast. Seems like all it did was rename the wav file. Maybe this should be in the bug thread.

It really did work before. I have several mpc files that converted and play just fine.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

sekim

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2002, 06:06:25 pm »

CVIII,

Thanks for double checking this. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't me.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up