INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View List Style Question/Request  (Read 4269 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Theatre View List Style Question/Request
« on: February 16, 2012, 07:23:45 am »

Loving the new list styles btw :)

I only wish that mc would remember which list style is applied to each area.

It already does to an extent with the library items, but what about the categories within the library items.? It would be in my opinion much better if the library items and the categories within them could have different styles separate from each another.

I'm not stating my preferred configuration as I haven't figured that out yet. For instance I could have a library item that is Artist which could have the normal default style config The artist library item could have an Album category within it which could maybe suite one of the new 3d styles.

MrHaugen

Re: Theatre View List Style Question/Request
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:27:19 am »

I've been wanting this this for a long time. Save list style pr category would be very useful.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 09:31:22 am »

I know this is an old topic, but I would really appreciate this as well!

joey chestnut

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 09:50:23 pm »

yes, this would be a nice feature. for tv shows, i like seeing the shows in the list view, but for the seasons submenu, i'd like it in a cover flow style because of the season cover art

warlock1986

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 03:08:13 am »

i have opersit issue i need list style like the old 16 when u select cover it flips and your tracks are on the back any help please setting this up in theater view showroom on 17

NickF

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 03:40:20 am »

yes, this would be a nice feature. for tv shows, i like seeing the shows in the list view, but for the seasons submenu, i'd like it in a cover flow style because of the season cover art

You can do this now with More > Toggle List Style for each view.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

warlock1986

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 06:11:27 am »

iv been throu them all in toggle list but it dont have the 3d back cover with track select when i select the 3d cover just has other 3d covers or a list of what tracks there is not the flippy thing lol that it had enabled in 16 it has it in standard mode with 3d albums list i want it in theater view are am i missing something or update maybe my version is JRiver Media Center 17.0.112 if this helps

joey chestnut

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 02:21:53 am »

Nick.

hey Nick, thanks for the reply, but i dont think you understood me correctly. i want my list so that the tv shows list is a certain style, and the seasons list (when i choose a tv show) is in a different style. im always in the Seasons tab

NickF

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 03:02:06 am »

hey Nick, thanks for the reply, but i dont think you understood me correctly. i want my list so that the tv shows list is a certain style, and the seasons list (when i choose a tv show) is in a different style. im always in the Seasons tab
Sorry, I misunderstood!  The view style for Series (TV Show) and Season seem to be linked.  The Episode listing can be different.  You say you like the Season view because of Seaon cover art but you can also have Series cover art which is why I don't mind having the same style for both.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

MrHaugen

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 03:53:32 am »

The same goes for Genere/Movies and Artists/Albums and others as well. Some things are suited to show in different ways, so it's a shame that you can't save those view styles on different levels.

NickF

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 09:04:08 am »

The same goes for Genere/Movies and Artists/Albums and others as well. Some things are suited to show in different ways, so it's a shame that you can't save those view styles on different levels.

I agree.  Perhaps this should be a requested feature for MC18.

Nick.

joey chestnut

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 09:49:08 pm »

I agree.  Perhaps this should be a requested feature for MC18.

Nick.

Definitely! This would, for me, complete the visual aspect of theater view.

locust

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 06:03:56 am »

I hope so, I'll link this with the new request thread

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 09:09:29 pm »

Nick.

I can't figure this out.  How can I set all views to be List Style (rather than tiles) by default?  I find it much easier to find things in a list.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 10:24:41 pm »

A setting like this would be very nice. A drop down in the Theater View configuration screen where you set up the menus for each type of style, for each level of view would be nice...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

MrHaugen

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 02:47:58 am »

I can't figure this out.  How can I set all views to be List Style (rather than tiles) by default?  I find it much easier to find things in a list.
You just have to do it one by one. Go to the view, toggle the right list and then go to the next view and do the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up