INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red October HQ  (Read 1553 times)

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
Red October HQ
« on: August 29, 2012, 04:12:31 am »

Hiya,

Is there a recommended minimum hardware spec to use ROHQ? I seem to remember you can do some sort of 'test' within MC, but what is the minimum value required to use ROHQ?

Thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Red October HQ
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 04:48:09 am »

There are so many possible combinations of CPU and GPU it is hard to be definitive for all media types.  I tested with many combos and they were all fine ranging from a Strong CPU (i7-2600K) with a weak GPU (Integrated Graphics) to a weaker GPU with an nVidia 550Ti.

What CPU/GPU are you thinking?
JRiver CEO Elect

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 04:52:43 am »

I have an AMD XII 250 CPU with an ATI 5450 GPU.

The Wrestler BD struggled a bit in some scenes - would be fine one scene then kind of drop to a minor slow mo the next, then back to normal. Did this during the whole film. Haven't tested it with ROSD to see if that makes any change.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:04:09 am »

This subject has been discussed in depth.

Basically MadVR is used in HQ and is using the GPU's hardware accelleration when available. I'm not familiar with the 5450 (or ATI cards in general) so I can't say if it should work properly or not.

Another thing I haven't figured out how to do it yet but it should be possible with MadVR to show statistics, including dropped frames.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 08:17:50 pm »

Another thing I haven't figured out how to do it yet but it should be possible with MadVR to show statistics, including dropped frames.

"Ctrl j" will turn on the stats. Then reset them with "Ctrl r" because they start up with some frame drops. Another "Ctrl j" gets them off the screen.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 01:54:14 am »

Cool, thanks hulkss.
Pages: [1]   Go Up