INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu Ray rip doesn't remember which video stream was selected  (Read 1709 times)

pahunt

• World Citizen
Blu Ray rip doesn't remember which video stream was selected
« on: September 11, 2012, 03:19:16 pm »

Using 17.0.185 in Theater View

I ripped Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Pt1 blu ray to BDMV and when I played it for the first time it automatically selected the "maximum movie mode" video stream, I guess because it's duration is longer than the actual movie video stream. No problem though as I used the OSD to change it to the video stream I wanted. However after stopping the movie and then resuming it later it always reverts back to the "maximum movie mode" stream. Is this a bug or by design? Either way can it be changed so that it remembers the last stream selected in a similar way to the way that subtitles work?

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Blu Ray rip doesn't remember which video stream was selected
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:12:26 pm »

+1
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24:48 pm »

My understanding is that MC attempts to select the "best playback" mode.  Like you I've found Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 1 & 2 don't work well with this model.  Like you it would be useful to have the ability to override the MC default.  I must say these are the only movies where I have found this issue.

FastKayak / Larry

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:54:19 pm »

MC's default is to auto select:
1) Longest Playlist
2) "Best" Audio Stream (based on your lang selection, the encoding type and number of channels, eg ENG DTS-MA 7.1 is selected over DD 2.0)
3) No Subtitles (but forced subs if they are encoded as such)

This works for 90%+ of BDs but the exception occur with discs that include:
- Alternative Endings (could be longer)
- Directors Comments / Into / Talk over etc (could be longer)
- Forced Subtitles that are not flagged as such (eg you have to manually select the correct subtitle stream).

MC certainly has the capacity to remember these as they are writtin to the "Playback Info" field and I thought that included titles and well as streams (but could be wrong about the titles).

IMO, MC also needs a simple "DVD Style" bound to the menu key to see and select these options but that is a different argument I'm currently flogging to death.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 09:50:39 pm »

IMO, MC also needs a simple "DVD Style" bound to the menu key to see and select these options but that is a different argument I'm currently flogging to death.

Nathan, I haven't chimed in on those thread(s), but I really appreciate your efforts!

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 02:21:52 am »

Just to be clear what I am asking for here. I am OK with the fact that it doesn't pick the "correct" video stream by default, I understand it won't always get that right. What I want is that the next time the video is played for it to remember the last video stream that was selected, in the same way that if I switch subtitle stream it remembers that selection the next time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up