INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mp3 tags  (Read 1231 times)

nila

mp3 tags
« on: April 24, 2002, 10:28:15 am »

I just ripped one of my old Albums using EAC and then encoded it using LAME v3.92

I was using Media Jukebox to fill in the id3 tags for me and it automatically worked out all the tags just great. When I tried to then save the tags however it gave me an error saying it cannot update them, - this happens when files are in use, read-only or tagging has been disabled.

None of these are the case and I can tag other files.
Also, it updates the view of the tag information in the database even though it gives the error and doesn't actually update them so the database shows the wrong tags for what the mp3 actually contains. There should be an option to make it re-read the mp3's tag information and it also shouldn't update the db info unless the actual mp3 is updated.

Another thing, I just wanted to tag these files, I didn't want to import them into the database but I had to in order to tag them.
You should have a feature to allow the location and directory browsing modes to allow us to directly browse our hard drives and let us view the files on them within each dir without having to physically import the files into the database.
It would be hugely useful.

Thanks

nila

RE:mp3 tags
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2002, 10:38:08 am »

Another thing, I'd like to be able to specify alternative cddb's as like now for instance, it's timing out connecting to graceland and it doesn't seem to have my album either whereas when i use EAC it connects instantly to a different cddb which does have my album Next Page

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2002, 10:46:58 am »

>> connecting to graceland
graceland, i think thats where elvis lived
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2002, 10:54:26 am »

well,i still do not understand who is contacting who about this cd infos..but
I had almost the same problem today
Putting a cd i wanted to rip in the cdr,with MediaJukebox i got a pop up with many options-and you wonder where is the link between the cd you put and the list-of cause did not choose one
With RealJukebox i got artist name,songs names in no time.But i was no able to import it to MJ
Means that if ripping the cd i would have get "unknow by unknow'

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2002, 11:31:46 am »

King
Nila means it:connecting to graceland,you get ghosts

LCtheDJ

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2002, 01:01:33 pm »

OK guys, let's have some fun with Nila. We all know Nila really meant gracenote. Ha, ha.

Nila,
Did EAC add any tags to the mp3's before you used MJ on them?  When I got that same error message, it was because I had used a tagger that put ID3v2.4 tags on the files.  MJ does not support v2.4, only up to v2.3.  It chokes on v2.4.

To update the Library to see what info is actually in your tags, go to File, Library, Update, and have it update all fields.

If you use your file explorer to find your new mp3 files, you can drag and drop them onto MJ's 'Playing Now' list and you can tag them from there without importing into the database - IF you have automatic importing turned off in the settings.

Scronch

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2002, 01:19:31 pm »

I tried connecting to graceland, and
now my wallpaper is stuck on this.

nila

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2002, 01:30:27 pm »

U weren't joking about Media Jukebox jamming on id3 v2.4 tags. Presuming that's what's causing the problem - I tried dragging them into playing now like u suggested. Then tried making it save the tag with no updates and it froze the thing and crashed it. R.I.P. Next Page

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2002, 03:01:21 pm »

>> We all know Nila really meant gracenote. Ha, ha.
he he, but I Had to, it is genetic

The devil made me do it - Flip Wilson (R.I.P.)
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2002, 03:16:46 pm »

Nila,

If Elvis is leaving the building sooner then you want go Settings > Options > Device Settings > Audio CD Settings. Change 15000 to 150000. Won't time out so fast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up