INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Pane + Albums View Possible??  (Read 1278 times)

geekbeats2

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Custom Pane + Albums View Possible??
« on: September 05, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »

I recently started using J River Media Center again after 5-6 years of using other products and I am trying to figure out if this custom view is possible.

I like the Genre / Artist / Album panes, but I dont like the way it displays the albums on the lower pane when something is selected.

Is it possible to have those upper panes on the top with an Album style display on the underside? Also I would like the album size slider option too.

So when I select a genre it will show only album covers in that genre, when select an artist, it will do the same and when I select an album in the album pane it will show a more detailed view with tracks?

Possible? If so how?

toe 6 pillow knight Jr l night toothpick kill igloo

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Custom Pane + Albums View Possible??
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 01:50:51 am »

You can set your "List Style" to album thumbnails, which will do what you want, right up to this point:
"<snip>and when I select an album in the album pane it will show a more detailed view with tracks?"

To see what I mean, hover the mouse over "Panes Copy" (in your image above) and a menu will appear, this is called the "List header menu", and there you will find the list style options, set it to "Album Thumbnails"

If that last step is a deal breaker, perhaps a category view would do the job for you? With a category view, it's all thumbnails, right up to the last step, where you get thumbs up top, and files below. Now, my Genres are a mess. I've never really gotten into categorising stuff by genre, it makes my head hurt! I see you have a of "Genres" there, so I'm not sure if this will be practical for you or not, but has to be worth a try...

First, set up a view as shown below:

This will give you each "Genre" shown as a thumbnail:

Double clicking on a genre will take into artists for that genre:

And double clicking an artist takes you to that artist's albums. If there is just a single line of album thumbs, the file list below will open automatically, otherwise, double click an album to open the file list, and double click again to close it.

Another possible option:

If all those thumbs are too much, and you really want a pane style list, you can set the list style of the categories to "Details" using the view header menu mentioned earlier. In these shots, I've edited the columns to show only [Name] (which in a category view, means the name of the category), and [Track #], (which in a category view, gives you a file count), so you can see how many tracks each Genre contains...
Genre:

Artist:

Albums:

Slight difference here between details and thumbs... in details view, the file list does not auto-open, double click an album to view the files below:

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up