INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] 24/96 file giving 64 bit depth with Rearoute, which MC can't output  (Read 2098 times)

amdismal

• Junior Woodchuck

I am using J River with Reaper, and the Rearoute ASIO driver.  The audio path in MC is clear except for volume control.

It works fine with 16/44.1 music, but when I play a 24/96 file it fails to play, with an error in MC stating that it cannot output in 96kHz 64 bit 2 channel.

Since when I play 16/44.1 the audio path states that the output is 32 bit 44.1kHz, I assume that the Rearoute ASIO driver is saying that it can handle 32/44.1, so please send this over - but when it is playing 24/96, Rearoute asks for 64/96 (!) and MC can't deliver this.  Is this a bug?

Unfortunately, I cannot see how to change the bit depth that Rearoute asks for, and MC does not allow me to set the bit depth when using an ASIO driver.  Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?

Edit: seems like Rearoute is to blame, as it cannot handle 96k.  Sorted!

natehansen66

• World Citizen
Re: Re: 24/96 file giving 64 bit depth with Rearoute, which MC can't output
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:30:49 am »

Is there any reason you have to use Reaper? MC can host vst's and can process other sources on the of.

amdismal

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: 24/96 file giving 64 bit depth with Rearoute, which MC can't output
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:55:07 am »

I would rather just use MC, but I can't get the routing right to use a 5/6-way digital crossover.  That is a separate issue!   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up