INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaSteersman: new Android Tablet control point  (Read 1520 times)

doulos

• World Citizen
MediaSteersman: new Android Tablet control point
« on: August 27, 2012, 09:44:01 am »

Hello,

I hope nobody minds my abusing this forum for a not-fully-related request: I am about to release MediaSteersman, an Android UPnP control point app that is specifically designed for the tablet user interface. I am using JRiver as a preferred test bed and have come to appreciate the crowd gathered here. I would therefore like to invite everybody to participate in the closed beta program which precedes the release. You can have a look at some screenshots and descriptive text at http://steersman.byterefinery.com. If you are interested in joining the beta test, contact me at steersman-at-byterefinery.com or use the contact form on the site. Please mention the devices (servers and renderers) you are using.

thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you,
Christian Sell
MediaSteersman - Your Media at Your Fingertips

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MediaSteersman: new Android Tablet control point
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 03:08:54 pm »

Hi Christian,
You're completely welcome to post about your software here.  We appreciate your work.  It has been nice to see a UPnP/DLNA developer group forming here.  We will do what we can to support it.

Regards,

Jim Hillegass

doulos

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 03:56:30 am »

We will do what we can to support it.

thanks a lot. I take this as consent to herewith push my request a little ;). Participation has been quite weak so far..

thanks,
chris
MediaSteersman - Your Media at Your Fingertips

bubbleguuum

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 05:17:00 am »

thanks a lot. I take this as consent to herewith push my request a little ;). Participation has been quite weak so far..

thanks,
chris

The only real possible beta test is releasing it to all users on Google Play (possibly flagged as beta).
You can be sure they will use every possible broken and obscure hardware they can find
and will let you know loudly if something doesn't work :).

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:16:39 am »

I would love to test it if I had an Android Pad. Perhaps it's about time to purchase a Nexus 7...

It's very nice to know that there's alternatives coming for android. Gizmo is a bit behind the alternatives on other platforms (perhaps except for the different "zone" playback options), so it's good that there will be some competition to push the development forward ;)

*Edit*
This made me want to try an Android pad. Nexus 7 ordered :) I'll try your app when I have a chance. I think that adding it as a beta product on google Play might be a good idea. It would widen the reach very much.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up