INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User Need's a little help  (Read 852 times)

DRRachels

New User Need's a little help
« on: September 06, 2012, 10:31:12 am »

Hi,
I am a total newbie and have a lot of reading to do but I thought some one could help out with a couple of quick questions. I recently decided that I was tired of constantly swapping Cd's when I have the house alone and can enjoy listening to my system. I started out by setting up an HP dc7700 Ultra-Slim Desktop with an Intel Core 2  processor, running Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)  and installed a 1 Terabyte HD. I purchased a USB connected DAC to interface to my classic (read older) stereo system which I think sounds fantastic. I then used Windows Media Player to extract my entire CD collection to my hard drive in Wave format. It sounded OK but wasn't quite what I expected and after extensive reading on the internet found that WMP doesn't provide a way to offer bit for bit playback. I downloaded JRiver MC17 yesterday and had a chance to install it last night. I set it up to use WASAPI with my DAC and was quite pleased with the sound. Now that I have rambled I will get to the first question;

1. MC17 imported my existing library effortlessly and with great results except for one thing. Many of my Cd's now show up as multiple Cd's in album view, not all but quite a few. What am I doing incorrectly and is there a quick fix or setting that I have missed?

2. As I mentioned earlier I have older equipment which does not have remote controls. A Yamaha C2 preamp and B2 Power amp to be precise. The media center remote immediately caught my eye and I would love to have a remote for volume control. I think i already know the answer to this but can the media center remote provide volume control thru my PC if I am using WASAPI and still provide bit for bit playback?

Thank you in advance for any advice anyone can provide. By the way one other thing  :), is there a complete user manual for MC17 which can be downloaded and or printed?

Thanks again,
DRR

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New User Need's a little help
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 10:42:52 am »

Try this page for a lot of useful info...

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Category:Frequently_Asked_Questions

Look at the Album Artist - Album Artist Auto link.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

DRRachels

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 01:16:05 pm »

Thanks Ken,
That solves that problem. I sincerely appreciate your help!

DRR

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 02:28:17 pm »

Glad I could help...

You will find lots of info in this forum, I search it all the time to find tasty tib-bits...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)
Pages: [1]   Go Up