INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA devices not seen  (Read 1577 times)

Patmegmc

• Recent member
DLNA devices not seen
« on: September 14, 2012, 04:35:56 pm »

I have several DLNA devices on my network including a WDTV Plus, Samsung BDD5500 and XBOX360 and I'd like to be able to push content to them from my server using a laptop or gizmo.  Problem is I don't see the devices in the tree view under playing now like I believe I'm supposed to.  I'm using the current build of MC17.  The devices don't show up under mode in gizmo either.  Maybe I have something set wrong or have to do some setup on the devices but it sure seems from everything that I've read that it should just work.  Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.  Sorry if this is a question is a rehash but I've spent hours looking for a relevant answer and still haven't found anything helpful. 

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA devices not seen
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 04:43:26 pm »

Options > Media Network > Use Media Network?

Patmegmc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 04:46:48 pm »

All checked to enable DLNA.

Vincent Kars

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 05:33:57 am »

Assuming you run Win7; if you enable media sharing in Win do you see all the DLNA devices in the Win Network ?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 08:16:43 am »

Of those 3 devices, only the WDTV is a uPNP renderer (a device that can be pushed to). The others are players that you must pull from.
Are all 3 boxes are checked (renderer, controller and server) under Media Network options advanced?

Patmegmc

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 09:42:26 am »

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  Bob's answer I believe answers my question but I would appreciate confirmation.  As the XBOX360 and Samsung Bu-Ray are not renderers, that means that they will not show up in the tree view.  Is that correct.  Furthermore they will not be seen on gizmo on my android phone so I can choose what to play on them?  FYI - I had the wdtv network cable unplugged for use in another device in my rack temporarily.  Now that it is plugged in I see it on the tree view but still not the other two.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 04:42:33 pm »

Yes, you've got it all correct. The Sammy and Xbox360 are DLNA Players not Renderers and thus can only be controlled via their remotes.

Patmegmc

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 11:12:37 pm »

Got it.  Thanks to everyone who responded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up