INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HD Tag in Theater View  (Read 2121 times)

stavrosh

• Recent member
HD Tag in Theater View
« on: September 30, 2012, 06:04:42 am »

I realized that my HD list under movies in Theater view contains less titles than the ones present in the MC library. Can any member of the forum inform me which criteria (ie tags such as file type etc )  are used in the classification of a movie as  HD ? 

Thanks

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: HD Tag in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:20:40 am »

I would use "Dimensions". That's the resolution of the video. For instance 1280 x 720, which would be HD, and 1920 x 1024 would be full HD. Dimensions could be added to the info panes, so you easily see what quality it's in. The resolution is also written in the tags "Width" and "Hights" tags. The Hight tag could be used to more quickly separate between 1024, 720 or below.

You can even add this to the caption in theater view, so you can see the resolution on all the movies with one glance. Or you can use an expression to fill out a tag that gives you tags like Full HD, 1024, 720, SD and so on, depending on the resolution.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

stavrosh

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:14:42 am »

Thanks for the quick response. If I understood you correctly, MC by default  uses the dimensions of the file to classify it as HD,  right ?

stavrosh

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:09:35 am »

An update : The tag "height" is NOT appropriate for the classification of a movie as HD, unfortunately there are many 1080p or 720p flavors,  using different cropping heights. I found that it is better to use the dimension tag with a rule stating that the tag contains the 1920 or 1280 values. Of course movies cropped at 1900 or 1210 pixels will be out of the HD list.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:43:25 am »

Yea. I have mostly 720P movies, but the hight are often less than 720. You can use expressions to fill another library field perhaps. Creating some rules that fills the field with the appropriate tag.
It might be more usefull to use the Width tag instead. That is much more consistent. Full HD is 1920 and HD is 720. Then you got DVD and SD?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

stavrosh

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 11:20:58 am »

After posting my update .. I played more with the Width tag  .. using a range of width values ( ie 1150 - 1280 for 720p, 1850 - 1920 for 1080p) . This results in a more accurate listing in Theater View  than the lists generated by the dimension tag. For the other flavors ( DVD / SD) I just use the Files preset of Theater View , although the Width rules can be applied there as well.

Thanks again for the constructive feedback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up