INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist? Or Playlist?  (Read 1571 times)

Gankaku

• Recent member
Smartlist? Or Playlist?
« on: September 30, 2012, 12:05:35 pm »

I couldn't figure out where to put this topic so I dropped it here. If need be, please move it.

I have some family videos plus images I want added to my HH. I read I could tag the videos (not sure if this is the correct method or not so please correct me.) I expected I could tag the videos "family" and then just make a smartlist called family with the rules to pull in everything tagged family.

I think I am thinking incorrectly how the program works, because not only did I not find a place to tag my videos with a word "family" in a tag field, I also didn't see in the smartlist rules any specific rules to do this.

Could anyone please explain to me how exactly to get my videos into my smartlist and not lose them when I sync (my podcasts, etc...another problem I'm having here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74668.0)

Thank you.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Smartlist? Or Playlist?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 12:18:44 pm »

You can use the Keywords field.  Add a "Family" keyword to your family-related media files.  Then, in the Smartlist editor, use the Rule pulldown and select Keywords, and select Is Any and then select your keywords of interest.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Gankaku

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 01:29:54 pm »

OK I would have added a "family" keyword to my video if I would have seen it. I still don't see where I can do that. Is there a keyword field that I'm not seeing? Or should I put the word family anywhere (genre, season, episode). I'm still not clear. I got the rest of the instructions though.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 01:37:00 pm »

Go to the Tag Action Window.  Either show All fields, or add the Keywords field to the Default set.  See attached image.

You can also add a Keywords column in the file list, or in a panes view if desired, and edit there.

See the Images > Shortcuts, Keywords & Ratings view in the tree for an example view.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Gankaku

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 01:52:41 pm »

THANK YOU! I was playing with it and had it set up with genre but I like your way. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up