INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Bravia connection  (Read 4080 times)

JimB

• Recent member
Sony Bravia connection
« on: April 10, 2012, 11:10:17 pm »

I recently purchased a Sony Bravia TV.

UsingMedia Centre 14, videos can be played both by (1) dragging a video onto the TV icon in "Playing Now" or (2) by using the TV remote control.

I've just upgraded to Media Center 17 but using (1) the TV screen just becomes blanked out. Using (2), the video files are listed on the TV screen, but after selection, the screen again blanks.

Would it be possible to provide a step-by-step checklist to work through?

Thanks.

UPDATE
By setting Encoder to MPEG-2 PAL 720p it has become possible to play some video file types. However WMV files will not play (although they do so in Media Center 14).

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sony Bravia connection
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 09:21:37 am »

We have a Sony Bravia here in the office and I'm successfully playing all of my WMV files on it.  It took a little fiddling to get it set up however.  Here are the steps I took (**edited per Bob's comment below**):

1. In the "Tools / Options / Media Network / Add and configure DLNA servers..." dialog, I clicked the "Add" button and selected "Sony BD/TV".
2. With "Sony BD/TV" highlighted in the top window, I selected Video Conversion: Always convert  and Encoder: MPEG2/DVD Pal stream  (normally I would select NTSC but I'm showing what you would select if you have PAL equipment).  Our Bravia TV works with either PAL or NTSC setting.
3. If you are using PAL in step #2 above, click on "Advanced" and change the "Video DLNA Override:" text to read MPEG_PS_PAL rather than MPEG_PS_NTSC. Dismiss the dialog with Ok.
4. Right-click on the Bravia TV item under "Playing Now" and select "Associate with DLNA server" from the menu and select the "Sony BD/TV" item from the sub-menu.
5. Drag a video file onto the Bravia TV item under "Playing Now" (mine was "BRAVIA KDL-46NX810") and select "Play".

I tried a mixture of WMV7,8,9 with various video and audio codecs.  Keep in mind that protected WMV files like those purchased from Amazon will not play over DLNA.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:39:29 am »

After setting it up as John suggested, if you have more than one DLNA server, under Playing now where you see the Bravia zone, right click on it and do "Associate with DLNA server" and pick the Sony BD/TV server you just setup.

NickF

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 03:13:15 am »

I've added these setup instructions to the DLNA section in the wiki.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 09:00:41 am »

I've added these setup instructions to the DLNA section in the wiki.

Thanks Nick!
Pages: [1]   Go Up