INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Madvr and playing .ifo  (Read 1653 times)

nick26

• Recent member
Madvr and playing .ifo
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:58:32 am »

MC 17 does not use Madvr renderer playing .ifo (dvd lists)?

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Madvr and playing .ifo
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:26:37 am »

You are, unfortunately, correct.

Playing a DVD image folder (ifo) needs the Windows DVD Navigator filter to parse the menu structure and files. This (in Windows 7, not XP) has 'macrovision' protection in it which insists on using Microsoft renderers eg EVR and gives an error if you try and use MadVR.

A workaround (for MPC-HC at least) is to install the XP version of the DVD Navigator filter on your Windows 7 system folder. This doesn't seem to have the same restriction. Just google 'MadVR macrovision error fix' for more details.  However there's no way (that I've found) to force MC into using MadVR for DVD even with this tweak. It's a shame really, because it is the format that I have the most of and MadVR would be really useful for this content.

Fixing the issue, it seems, has stumped madshi (Dev of MadVR) and nevcairiel (Dev of LAV Filters). Nevcairiel has publicly said that it is low down any priority list since he considers it an outdated format. So don't hold your breath for a quick fix.

SBR    

nick26

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:42:24 am »

Thanks for the reply.

But MPC-HC can use Madvr  playing .ifo without tweaks (using internal filter "DVD video title set").

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 10:09:30 am »

If you rip your dvd to a .mkv file, you can have MadVR render your video.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 10:21:03 am »

The issue is that madVR doesn't accept multiple input pins, which is required by the DVD Navigator.

It's possible using our title play filter would solve this, but that would sacrifice the DVD menu.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 10:46:51 am »

Matt,
is it possible to develop this as an option? Maybe have an option to use the title filter as a default and only invoke the DVD Navigator if you hit the DVD Menu button?

Particles should also allow you to use MadVR, but I've had little/no success in creating particles that work in the few DVDs that I've tried. My HT is out of action at the moment due to some (slow) renovation of the lounge - waiting for plaster to dry etc. - so have no opportunity for testing.

SBR 
Pages: [1]   Go Up