INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17 - ASIO - Multiple VST - help need for a newcomer  (Read 2514 times)

jcg74

• Recent member

Hello everybody,

I've just downloaded and installed Mediacenter 17 because I've read somewhere that version 17 allows not only ASIO but also to include VSTs.
I've built a nice fanless (read completely silent) small computer (H3S case, Intel HD77DF mini-itx, i7-3770S - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD) )that I plan to use exclusively for stereo audio. In fact combining a computer, VSTs plug in and RME fireface 400 soundcard,  I want to built the equivalent of a 2 IN 8 OUT FIR crossover.

Could someone point me how I can implement this flow in mediacenter 17. for example :

LEFT - VST1 - OUT 1
LEFT - VST1 - OUT 2
LEFT - VST1 - OUT 3
LEFT - VST1 - OUT 4

RIGHT - VST1 - OUT 5
RIGHT - VST1 - OUT 6
RIGHT - VST1 - OUT 7
RIGHT - VST1 - OUT 8

I perfectly understand that I will have to scratch below the surface to discover the power of the software but I would appreciate any pointers

Best regards from France

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 17 - ASIO - Multiple VST - help need for a newcomer
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 05:30:17 pm »

Welcome.

You install VST plugins using the "Manage Plug-ins" button on the lower left of DSP Studio.

There's no way to route specific channels through specific VST effects.  In other words, the VST effect will need to support multi-channel.

You might also try the build in DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer.  It's a great choice for cross-over, biamping, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jcg74

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 04:28:25 am »

You install VST plugins using the "Manage Plug-ins" button on the lower left of DSP Studio.
There's no way to route specific channels through specific VST effects.  In other words, the VST effect will need to support multi-channel.

Matt, thanks for having taken the time to answer me

Argh, so I'm afraid I will not able to use JRiver the way I hoped (Computer running JRiver, FIREFACE 400 sound card and multi poweramps) to build a nice stereo multi amplified system.

You might also try the build in DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer.  It's a great choice for cross-over, biamping, etc.

Have to investigate, you wrote biamp so you should be able to route outputs ?

Best regards from France
JC

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 08:13:12 am »

Matt, thanks for having taken the time to answer me

Have to investigate, you wrote biamp so you should be able to route outputs ?

For Routing outputs go to Tools, Options, Audio, DSP & Output Format, Parametric Equalizer, ADD, Mix Channels. In the Mode Box select Copy (Replace Destination With Source). Then fill in the appropriate Source And Destination. Do one of these Add, Mix Channels for each output.

A faster way to get to the DSP is by finding the three little icons under and to the left of the Search Box. It's the Icon on the right: The one with the vertical arrows.

Someone else may be able to help you with the actual crossovers but they are done in the same place using ADD.

Hope this helps.

Rod

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 10:46:52 am »

I'm currently using the peq in MC for active crossovers and it works quite well, although the op said he wants FIR filters. The peq in MC is warped phase. One would need audiolense or other software like that that would generate the linear phase filter set to be run through the convolver.

jcg74

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 09:46:04 am »

Hi all,
I'm on travel until the end of the week, so no way to try any suggestions listed above . I'll come back on this next week.
Thanks
Jean Claude

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 03:07:58 pm »

Welcome.

How do I add more of the built in Para EQ in MC 17.186?  I have a 5.1 system and would like to run one EQ per channel as my room as more than a bit odd (windows, fireplace, open spaces, speakers aren't equal distant to listening postion, etc.)

Thanks,
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 04:01:47 pm »

How do I add more of the built in Para EQ in MC 17.186?  I have a 5.1 system and would like to run one EQ per channel as my room as more than a bit odd (windows, fireplace, open spaces, speakers aren't equal distant to listening postion, etc.)

Thanks,
You just keep adding EQ filters and specifying which channel(s) you are applying the filter to. Within the Parametric Equalizer in MC17, you can add filters for up to 8 different channels. In MC18, you can add filters for up to 16 channels.

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 06:17:52 pm »

You just keep adding EQ filters and specifying which channel(s) you are applying the filter to. Within the Parametric Equalizer in MC17, you can add filters for up to 8 different channels. In MC18, you can add filters for up to 16 channels.

Wow 16 channels!!!  very cool!!

I'll give it a try.  I figured I would need 1 plugin per channel, but guess not.

Thanks.
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime
Pages: [1]   Go Up