INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem using ASIO through new DAC  (Read 1592 times)

joetiii

• World Citizen
Problem using ASIO through new DAC
« on: September 18, 2012, 07:26:08 pm »

So my new Cambridge audio DAC Magic plus arrived today and I quickly installed connected it through my XP based computer. I was running ASIO through my Xitel audio DAC with no problems. Now, I can not get sound through the CA in that output mode. I can get WAV out, Direct out, kernel streaming but not ASIO. I assume I have not checked some type of output setting? help!!

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem using ASIO through new DAC
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 03:21:27 am »

ASIO is a protocol hence it must be supported on both the sender and the receiver.
As far as I know, the DacMagic don’t support ASIO

HeadPhonic

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 04:42:11 am »

Yeah, DacMagic doesn't have asio. You need an audio device with asio driver software/firmware installed as well as asio support in your media playing software in order for asio to work.

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 06:39:04 am »

Being the anxious Arnold I am, I went about setup without reading complete instructionss. I now understand that if you have a compliant chipset from later than 2006 along with 1GB RAM and at least PII processor, you can download Cambridge Audio's USB 2.0 driver and get ASIO output into the Dac Magic Plus.

My PC was built in January of 2006 so I have no clue if my chipset is UHCI compliant. Anyone know how to tell?
Pages: [1]   Go Up