INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV series on Blu-Ray: Is there an easy way to see which title is which episode ?  (Read 2559 times)

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

With Blu-ray's containing more than one episode of a TV serie I find it difficult to see which title is which episode because the mpls numbers often are in a random order and because MC doesn't give a menu (as TMT5 does). Is there an easy way to choose the title for a particular episode ?
Thanks in advance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

It's still some manual work, but you can create particles from the Blu-ray and then name the particles:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles

We've also talked about making an online Blu-ray database (like YADB does for CDs), but it's still just talk at this point.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

phytio

• Junior Woodchuck

I'll be looking into what Matt's said, but the way I tell is to right click once the Blu-ray is playing and select the title option. There you'll find the video streams available in order of length, but they are also given a numerical value (at least on my Game of Thrones discs). The lowest value is the first episode on the disc, and so on. Select the episode you want accordingly.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Thanks Matt and phytio for your replies.
Will take a look at it.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Maybe a stupid question, but I assume that creating particles is not possible when I have an iso file of a Blu-Ray disc ? At least that was what I noticed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

We recommend not using ISO files.  The BDMV folder style is best.

That way, you can access multiple movies at once (playback + serving), sidecar tagging and artwork will work, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team

The lowest value is the first episode on the disc, and so on. Select the episode you want accordingly.

That is not always the case.  I have seen many TV show blu rays (and DVD's too) with the episodes 'out of order' from a physical location on the disk.  Don't just assume that the order from the naming of files on the disk is the same as the episode order.  Usually the two track, but not always.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

That is not always the case.  I have seen many TV show blu rays (and DVD's too) with the episodes 'out of order' from a physical location on the disk.  Don't just assume that the order from the naming of files on the disk is the same as the episode order.  Usually the two track, but not always.

Meanwhile I noticed that too.
So actually you need something like PowerDVD or TMT, with menu, to find out the right order ?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team

Meanwhile I noticed that too.
So actually you need something like PowerDVD or TMT, with menu, to find out the right order ?

I just play back the individual files up to the episode title to confirm I have them right.  If it is a show without episode names shown, I look at the episode description online to see which is which.

phytio

• Junior Woodchuck

I'll be careful with other TV series, but I think Game of Thrones at least works that way. Good to know...
Pages: [1]   Go Up