INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The cover Designer  (Read 705 times)

nila

The cover Designer
« on: April 22, 2002, 01:35:16 pm »

Hiya, Tried this function for the first time today as I urgently had to print a case for the cd I was handing in with my dissertation.
After trying for a while however I had to give up and install EZCD in order to get it's jewel case program which is the best I have found to date so far.

Two main problems I found with your case creator.
The first is that to choose a paper type you have to either know the name of the type of paper or you have to go through each one choosing it, and then after you choose each one, click on preview. There should be an option to allow the paper type to be changed while in preview mode so that we can just quickly browse through all the different types to find ours.

Secondly, you do not have a template for my paper type which is: PressIT labels and as far as I could see there were no options to easily allow me to specify the position of the cd templates on the paper (an option to say how far from the top and how far from the left would have sorted out the problem of no template.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:The cover Designer
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2002, 06:34:49 am »

Hi Nila,

Thanks for the feedback on the labeler. I'm not sure about your problem #1, it seems that you would know what type of labels you are going to feed into the printer and simply select that type from the list before previewing or printing.

As to problem #2, I think we will address this in the next version, where you will be able to design your own templates and modify the existing ones. Other suggestions that have been made for the labeler are on the list for the next version as well.

Any more ideas on improvements in this area are welcome.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

nila

RE:The cover Designer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2002, 01:53:17 pm »

The problem occurs when, like me, you dont always buy the name brand stuff. You know cheaper companies that do the same thing but aren't name brands. You therefore dont know which name brand they are copying.
With something like CD Labels I dont fancy buying them from the high street store that sells them for a fortune with 'name brand' ones because they're trying to rope in clueless customers.
Generic ones are recognised by simply looking at the design.
Pages: [1]   Go Up