INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to find images with a certain aspect ratio (vertical vs horizontal)?  (Read 2029 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe

I have a bunch of episodes in my TV Shows, where there are Series or Season Art instead of episode art. This all happened this summer, before I upgraded to a version that handled this better.
Question is, how do I find episodes which have vertical images (TV Show cover art or season cover art), instead of the normal horizontal images? I need to do a batch update on those.

I know this was discussed not so long ago, and there is probably some expressions for this, but I could not find that thread.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: How to find images with a certain aspect ratio (vertical vs horizontal)?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 09:39:48 pm »

You'll have to import your cover art for videos into the MC Library as images.  Then, you can use a smartlist such as:

[Media Type]=[Image] [=Compare([Height], >, [Width])]=1

that compares Height against Width for those images.  If you include a path location as well in the smartlist, you can ensure only cover art for your videos is being included.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 10:50:58 pm »

You can also type "portrait" or "landscape" in the search box in an image view.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 06:13:45 am »

The problem is that I'm not sure what kind of images is used. Mostly Sickbeard is used as the source, which leave the images in a Thumbnails folder beneath each season and linking to those images to the media with an updated sidecar file. In some cases, there are no images but the season cover art from Sickbeard, and MC failed to grab the correct meta data, and then I'm left with the Season Cover as episode thumbnail.

I ended up finding all episodes with folder.jpg image files, and I updated library from tags, which fixed 1/5 of the episodes. MC had just not triggered on the changes from the XML files. Possibly some timing on import and creation of the xml sidecar files from Sickbeard that failed? For the rest of the episodes I used the online scraper for images and updated metadata. That solved almost everything except for the Special episodes.

Please consider adding support for Specials. They are often marked as Season 00, or Episode 00. TVBD should have info on those as well.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up