INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does live tv on clients work with capture card, like the colossus?  (Read 1251 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen

When I first installed 18, I could swear I was able to get the video from my colossus on my clients.  Since then I have not been able to get it to work.  No crashes or anything, it just never shows the tv.  The log looks like it is trying to, but the video never plays.  Anyway, is this supposed work, or is it still a work in progress?

Thanks,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Does live tv on clients work with capture card, like the colossus?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 04:34:49 pm »

Is the device on the client or server?

But either way, playing live TV should work on client.  The way the client works is to try using a local device if available, and fall back to the server when local device is not available.  Recording is another matter.  Recording can only happen on the server, although you can schedule it from a client.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 07:36:44 pm »

the device is on the server, there are no tuners on the client.  My OTA tuners work on the client, but the colossus doesn't seem to.  Now that I know it should work, I can try to figure out what is happening. 

Thanks,

Alex

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 07:57:51 pm »

ok, I looked at the log and when I tune to a OTA channel and MC attempts to GetPlayerServicingChannel. The result is success and MC continues as expected.

When I attempt to tune to a channel serviced by the colossus and MC attempts to GetPlayerServicingChannel, the server returns fail (header status code: 500) and retries.  It continues to retry many times and then gives up.

What does this error mean and any thoughts on why it is only on the colossus and not on the OTA channels?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 09:42:24 am »

Did you check the log on the server?  It may tell why server failed to serve the channel.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 12:20:53 pm »

Ok, sorry it took me a bit to get back to this.  More testing and I do see a couple errors in server log.  I see the 'PlayChannel' request come in from the client and that appears to work.  The client then issues a 'GetPlayerServingChannel' request and I see that come in to the server.  It looks like the server tried to start playing the channel between those two requests. 

There are a couple 'failed to access tuner' errors in the log, but I can't tell what the issue is.

If you don't mind, could you take a look at the log and see if something jumps out at you?

Thanks,

Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up