INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GIZMO streaming without conversion for MP4  (Read 2040 times)

envyc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
GIZMO streaming without conversion for MP4
« on: September 24, 2012, 05:37:52 am »

Is there any way I can configure the network media server for Gizmo to not perform any conversion for MP4 files. Whenever I try to watch an existing MP4 file MC goes to 90% CPU and the file playback stutters and pauses. If I use a 3rd party media player via the same DLNA server it just sends the stream and does not overload the CPU.

ajowers

• World Citizen
Re: GIZMO streaming without conversion for MP4
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 01:41:20 pm »

In the client options under media network do you have it set to encode video to something or is it set to "none" ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 01:49:55 pm »

Gizmo always converts video.  Once the server gets enough data queued, it slows down conversion and runs real-time.

But you could pick a lower quality on Gizmo under Settings if your server can't keep up.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 11:09:41 am »

Why does Gizmo always convert? I would think most people running Gizmo on a tablet would like to watch the video in full quality, since most current tablets (and most current Android phones too)  plays HD video without problems.

I know you can probably get around this by using another Android DLNA client, but why not let the user configure whether video conversion takes place in the Gizmo settings, just like with standard DLNA?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up