INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Number In Filename That Denotes Season, or Episode  (Read 1154 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
No Number In Filename That Denotes Season, or Episode
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:06:08 pm »

The filenames in my TV Recordings of Series do not include a number such as S02E05 that allows Carnac to do its thing.

An example of a Frasier recording: "Proxy Prexy 2013-01-07.ts" is all I get in the Filename. MC does list this as a Frasier Series, gives a list of the actors and a brief description of the Show. Is this picked up from the EPG?

Where would the number such as S02E05 come from? Should MC acquire this from the EPG?

Thanks,
Rod

NickF

Re: No Number In Filename That Denotes Season, or Episode
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 05:44:59 pm »

Rod, I have looked at the XML data for mc2xml and EPG Colllector EPGs and neither carries this Season or Episode data, unfortunately.  I don't know whether it is transmitted within the media.  I don't understand why the EPG Providers don't supply it.  The EPG would be the obvious place for it and would make the lookup very simple.

Hopefully someone can throw a bit more light on this.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:56:32 pm »

Thanks Nick for looking at the EPG data. This is a real mystery! There must be at least the Show name embedded within the media. The Filename I gave as an example does not contain Frasier, yet MC displays it as a Frasier Show.

What is even more odd is that when I was using SageTV to do the recording the file appeared in MC with a code number that represented all the information we want. Matt made Carnac recognize the numbers from Sage and walla, we would have full information including covers.

Sage was recording from the same Cable Box and I'm pretty sure that it used the same EPG. Where did the information come from?

I'm really hoping someone from JRiver will respond here so we can try to get this resolved.

Thanks,
Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 08:05:32 pm »

The information, if any, has to come from EPG.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up