INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC didn't record TV - why?  (Read 756 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC didn't record TV - why?
« on: September 26, 2012, 10:13:14 am »

So I just purchased another HDHomeRun, and I have 2 now.  They are Ethernet based TV tuners.  That gives me a total of 4 tuners.

I wanted to see if I could record 4 HD programs at once, so I did a test last night.  I will try to give as much info as possible because maybe I did something wrong.

*I have a Gig connection between the PC and each HDHomeRun through a Gig switch, so it would never reach my router.
*I selected 4, 1/2 hour shows at 11PM last night and clicked the record button on my remote, then went to bed.  There were no conflicts.
*I checked the 'To Be Recorded' section in the Standard view, and all four shows were listed
  -they did have a red icon associated in the to be recorded pane...my normal subscriptions don't have the same red icon - not sure what that means.
*Checked when I got up this morning, and none of the 4 shows recorded.
*as far as I can tell, all four tuners are working properly, and I have scanned channels on each tuner.

so...did I do something wrong, or is there a log I can look at to find out why these didn't record?  I am running build 186, and my subscriptions seem to record fine.

Decent PC specs, but not top of the line.  3.0Ghz Dual core CPU, OS on a SSD (SATA III), TV recording on a SATA II 3 TB drive. Gig network interface (on board). 

My understanding is that each HD stream is roughly 19Mb/s, so four streams should be less than 80Mb/s, so the gig switch (1Gb/s) should be more than enough on that, and the drive should also have plenty of bandwidth...and even if it was a bandwidth issue, I would think something would have been recorded...

Anyone have any ideas?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC didn't record TV - why?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 05:01:56 pm »

bump - anyone?
Pages: [1]   Go Up