INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Cover Art question. Some clients get it, others do not  (Read 1066 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Another Cover Art question. Some clients get it, others do not
« on: September 29, 2012, 07:48:38 am »

I can not figure out why two of my clients do not get the proper TV Series Cover Art and the other client does. The settings (File Locations and Media Network settings are the same on all three machines (besides it should not matter how Files or Cover Art storage is set on a clients since the data comes from the Server).

On two client machines not displaying correctly, I get a couple of the correct TV Series Cover Arts, but most are just the episode screen shot views. I tried "updating library from tags" and "synchonizing librarys", but nothing works. I have no media files on the clients, everything comes from the Server MC via home network. I am running 17.0.184.

Thanks

MrHaugen

Re: Another Cover Art question. Some clients get it, others do not
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 06:33:44 pm »

I think that the server needs a restart before it distributes the Series posters. Or was it the clients? You might already have done this, as you have the posters on one client. But it's worth a shot..
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:03:44 am »

Thanks. The fix was a simple as restarting the clients.
I should have tried this myself three days ago.  :-[

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 08:08:58 am »

So, it was the client. Right. It would be good if a reastart could have been avoided. Those of us that have a HTPC they ONLY put in sleep will have problems with this. Especially if they only have a remote for the PC, and have not programed any shutdown and startup tasks for MC or the OS. It's a small annoyance that should be avoided imo. I add several TV Shows each month, and it's just a bit irritating to have to get my wireless keyboard out now and then.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up