INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live television from library server - how does recording work?  (Read 1822 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Live television from library server - how does recording work?
« on: September 23, 2012, 10:18:00 am »

In MC17, recording behavior on a client connected to a library server was undefined. Now that MC18 has the excellent "user the tuners on the library server and stream live TV from there" feature, how does recording work? Is the behavior on the client defined yet?

Ideally, everything would record to the server and be available to all clients, and there would be only one set of scheduled recordings (the server's) and it would be manageable by all clients. All clients would see an indication of recordings in the EPG. Ad-hoc recordings would also be stored on the server.

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Live television from library server - how does recording work?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 03:02:51 pm »

In MC17, and MC18 recording behavior is defined when tuners are on the server.  User can schedule recordings on a client, and recordings happen on the server.

The only thing that does not work is to record on a client with a tuner on the client.  Tuners on clients can only be used for watching live TV.  MC17 requires a tuner on a client to watch live show on the client.  MC18 uses the client tuner for the same purpose if available, and uses a server tuner when there is not one on the client.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:40:03 am »

It looks like something has changed in v18.  When I look at my 'to be recorded' list on a client, nothing shows up.  However, if I check it on the server, all of my recordings are there.  I also don't see the icon on the 'all programs' list on the client, like I did on v17.  I only looked at this for a few minutes, but it does appear that something isn't the same in v18 as in v17.

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 04:42:40 pm »

Code: [Select]
18.0.36 (8/29/2012)
7. Fixed: "To Be Recorded" list for television on LS client was empty when it should not be empty.

This was an issue earlier but has been fixed.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 04:50:57 pm »

Code: [Select]
18.0.36 (8/29/2012)
7. Fixed: "To Be Recorded" list for television on LS client was empty when it should not be empty.

This was an issue earlier but has been fixed.

As I reported right after this fix was put in, you have to "Enable Recording" on the client otherwise the "To Be Recorded" list is empty.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 07:12:06 pm »

Thanks for clarifying it.  Yes, that is the case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up