INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with blu-ray rips - SOLVED  (Read 1468 times)

Swannque

• Recent member
Trouble with blu-ray rips - SOLVED
« on: September 10, 2012, 04:46:37 pm »

I've ripped several blu ray discs using AnyDVD HD and MC17 onto an I-core 3 machine running Win 7 pro. Everything seemed fine during the ripping process (unless you count the excrutiangly long rip times)... but now I have trouble playing any of the bdmv files produced from these movies. They all either have severe pixelation/freezing errors or audio stuttering/freezing. The audio probs even cause the display on my denon 3808 to flash wildly as if there is a connection issue,
I have switched the hdmi cord running from the pc to the denon and that did not appear to have any thing to do with my probs.
I am stumped!!!!
Any ideas???

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Trouble with blur-ray rips
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 04:55:30 pm »

In Options > Vidoe, try Red October Standard with no bitstreaming.

You might also copy one of the Blurays to a fast drive (like C:\) and see if it makes any difference.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Swannque

• Recent member
Re: Trouble with blur-ray rips
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 05:18:27 pm »

I'll try those suggestions. Thanks.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Trouble with blu-ray rips
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 11:08:40 am »

Just out of interest, how long is the rip taking, when you say excruciatingly slow? Are we talking less than one hour, or much longer than that? If longer, there may be a problem with the ripping process.

Swannque

• Recent member
Re: Trouble with blu-ray rips
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 07:50:28 pm »

The rips were taking several hours. Since I posted this inquiry, I changed the destination of my rips from my NAS server to a local external hard drive. This seems to have solved all of my problems. Moving all files to this hard drive and now using the NAS as backup only.

hEdly

• Recent member
Re: Trouble with blu-ray rips - SOLVED
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 10:48:36 pm »

Swannque,
I don't have JRiver yet, but I have a question that is unrelated to the media software you are using.  What speed is your network?  what speed is the NAS's network card?  You should be able to stream HD video from a server over your network without problem.  I don't have BD's but I do have a HD camcorder and have had no problem with viewing them over the network, even before I switched to a gigabit switch and upgraded the HTPC's mobo to include gigabit.

In the past, though, I did have some latency issues with a NAS.  Some just don't seem to be as snappy as a true server.  Maybe that has changed recently.

If you have another computer on the network, you may want to try putting one of the files over there, sharing the drive and see if the issues you were seeing persist. If it does, then you may have some kind of network issue (but make sure the computer you are using has a fast hard drive-not a 5400rpm jobby).  If it doesn't, then it's obviously the NAS.  It could be the hard drive, or it could just be the internal hard ware.

Lastly, you really never should rip something to a networked folder. There's too much room for errors to creep in. Obviously you see how much it slowed it down. Ethernet has a lot of overhead to ensure the data is correct.

The NAS should be fine for serving/backing-up files, photos and music though.

Good luck.

hEdly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up