INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 64 Bit Upsample Playback Error  (Read 1053 times)

dchifi

64 Bit Upsample Playback Error
« on: September 30, 2012, 03:48:46 pm »

Just some basic info.

After the last update the 32 & 64 Bit playback no longer worked.  After a un-install and re-install of Media Center 17 the 32 Bit playback capabilities returned however the 64 bit playback still doesn't work.

Media Center 17 Version 17.0.186
Window 7 - 64 Bit

Now this issue is strange as it gives an un-supported output error when you try to play back in 64 bit mode.

When setting the Bitdepth selection inside of the DSP studio to 64-Bit the following error is produced:

Playback could not be started using the format: 192kHz 64bit 2ch.

This format would work 192kHz 24bit 2ch

Would you like to have your DSP Studio > Output Format settings changed automatically?

Now since I do not wish to change this setting I click cancel and receive the following message:

Something went wrong with playback.

Details:
Playback could not be started on the output 'Direct Sound' using the format '192kHz 64bit 2ch'.

This output format may not be supported by your hardware.  You can use DSP Studio to change the output to a compatible format.

Also, make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device that is properly configured in playback options.

All recordings were done onto the computer in 32 bit or 32 bit float.  What could be causing this error?

This error doesn't only appear with the direct sound output selection it occurs with ALL output settings.  And please note that the 64bit option worked before the latest update.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.  If there is any additional information needed about the computer hardware or software, ect. please let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up