INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo connect to a server problems  (Read 2208 times)

sbmarr62

Gizmo connect to a server problems
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:41:07 am »

Hi folks,

I have been using J River 17 for a while and are very happy with it. Decided to try Gizmo with my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone.
So download Gizmo from the market to my phone. Went into media network tab in JRiver on my laptop and ticked (use media network to share this library and enable DLNA). Then setup authentication with user name & password. Got access key and entered it into Gizmo (Enter a JRiver library server access key) and then press Go.

It then says attempting connection, displays the IP address it is trying to connect to, retries 4 times and then has a message saying
(There was a problem connecting to the server, please double check that you have entered the correct key, and that the server and your connection are working).

The IP address my router uses is 192.168.0.1 , but when Gizmo on my phone is attempting connection the IP address in Gizmo is 192.168.0.5:52199/ .

So I have checked the Access key is correct, and retried 4 times to get it to work, my router is working and I do have an internet connection. I am using this at home with our home network which uses a sky router and my laptop and phone are connected via WiFi.

All I want to do is use my phone as a remote to see my JRiver media files on my laptop so I can skip a song, change album etc.

Can anyone explain what might be happening or what I might be doing wrong as I can't get past this stage to even enter my user name and password.

Stephen

sail121j

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Gizmo connect to a server problems
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:31:53 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up