INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie of MC18 need help with Oppo  (Read 1934 times)

Austin08

Newbie of MC18 need help with Oppo
« on: December 28, 2012, 03:27:46 am »

Hi all,
This is my first time using JRiver.  Everything worked out as good as I expected but there was one little problem that I could not figured out. The MC18 network devices did not see my Oppo 105 ( other devices like my tv, Sony media player... are right there) but on my Oppo 105, the JRiver network was showing. I don't have any trouble pulling audio files from MC18 and play them through Oppo 105. But the thing is I have to turn my tv on to be able to control my play list. Is there anyway that I can make the MC see the Oppo 105 in MC 18 network devices. I love to be able to push files to my Oppo 105 and using Gizmo to control my playlist. Thanks, Quan.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Newbie of MC18 need help with Oppo
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 01:08:59 pm »

I have been successful in pushing music to the Oppo 105 when the device appears in "Playing Now!"  However, JRiver only recognizes it sporadically.  All other players on the network are reliably connected and displayed but the 105 is not.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Austin08

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 03:49:16 am »

Kr4,

Today, i found what you said was true. JRiver was seeing my Oppo 105 twice but that was it. It was so nice to be able to push my play list from mc18 through oppo for play back. Gizmo app on my phone work like a champ. Only if.........

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 07:18:19 am »

Just a guess here, but a device that comes and goes could be just a weak wireless signal or some other hardware problem.  They shouldn't disappear.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 08:31:00 am »

In my case, it is hardwired and the 105 does not disappear once it appears.  It is that after turning the PC off/on or unloading/reloading MC, it does not come back reliably.  Sometimes, it takes an hour to appear!
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 08:50:07 am »

... after turning the PC off/on or unloading/reloading MC, it does not come back reliably.  Sometimes, it takes an hour to appear!
When that happens, try power cycling the Oppo.

Austin08

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 10:00:04 am »

In my case, it is hardwired and the 105 does not disappear once it appears.  It is that after turning the PC off/on or unloading/reloading MC, it does not come back reliably.  Sometimes, it takes an hour to appear!

Did the same to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up