INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shoutcast server support  (Read 582 times)

cambridgeguy

shoutcast server support
« on: April 20, 2002, 11:38:57 am »

just installed mediajukebox for the first time. v7.2.28. seems very good. except that i run a shoutcast "radio" station (using the shoutcast server software) and want to use mediajukebox as the source. is there a plug-in that enables this, or another way to rig it? that would be very cool - winamp is so limited.

thanks,
brad

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:shoutcast server support
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2002, 05:44:06 am »

Sorry, that's not currently possible.  It's something we're going to look into for MJ 9.xx though. (8 is nearing release)

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nila

RE:shoutcast server support
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2002, 07:52:30 pm »

Another feature I'd like to see added of a similar nature is the ability to let people download a song from you via the web server interface. Maybe requiring them to first enter a user name and password to prevent it from being used as a means of file sharing.
My friend is a singer and she often tries to send me the latest recordings of her new singles but MSN sucks and most the time wont transfer the file. It always ends up being a huge endeavour for her to give me her latest song. I'd love to be able to download it directly from her computer straight off of her without any hassle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up