INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with Folder to Import  (Read 2034 times)

adydula

• Recent member
Issue with Folder to Import
« on: October 06, 2012, 12:47:35 pm »

Been trying to figure this out for several hours...

I have folder d:\music under which I have hundreds of subfolders based on the artist.

Example d:\music\chris rea\
and under that I have several Chris Rea folders for cd by him.

In windows explorer I see d:\music\Chris Rea\The Road to Hell
                                       d:\music\Chris Rea\Still So Far To Go...The Best of Chris Rea CD1
                                       d:\music\Chris Rea\Still So Far To Go...The Best of Chris Rea CD2

The best of chiris rea is a 2 cd set, with cd1 and cd2...

When importing I see the road to hell folder, and the Still So Far To Go...The Best of Chris Rea CD1 folder...

But for the life of me I can not get the CD2 folder with its songs to import...I can see them in the explorer in MC and they play. I tried to import from the folder in explorer in MC but it does not import..

Any Ideas??

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Issue with Folder to Import
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 01:04:46 pm »

Have you removed this entry in the past from MC, and is your auto-import set ignore previously removed files?

Create a smartlist with the exact rule:

[Media Type]=Audio ~d=r

by entering that expression into the dialog that appears when you hit the Import/Export button in the smartlist editor.  You can remove entries from this list, so that auto-import will import next time.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

adydula

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 01:27:35 pm »

Thanks for the fst reply.

The auto import was set to default ignore prev removed files. I tried both ways.

I also created a smartlist called it Alex, its located in the Playlists area.

When I hit the import export button...i get the smartlist rules data and add the ~d=r ...I saved it and the hit ok...

I tried the import for auto and only the folder i am missing and it still does not show up?

I have this on several systems I have been usng at home.

See the same issus with MC 17.  Never removed the files until today just trying to get it to import this file....never noticed it missing today untlil I was looking for a song...

Should I leave the ignore prev removed file checked or unchecked?

Alex

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 01:30:24 pm »

The option to ignore previously removed files allow you to delete some items from MC's library, and not have them keep re-appearing.  So its up to you how you want to configure.

Try dragging the files from Windows Explorer into MC.  Does that cause them to import?

Also, check the "Bad" database:

~d=b
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

adydula

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 01:50:56 pm »

Ok, I dragged the folder from WIN 7 explorer to the Albums area and it imported.
Then I looked under Artist and it was not there.

I again dragged it from Win explorer to the Artist area and its now in there as well....

Just strange why this behavior?

I swore I tried dragging this before...#$%^&*(&%

Thanks for the help
Alex

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 03:16:49 pm »

I think your problem might be that CD 2 is not properly tagged and therefore not showing up under Artists.

Go to playlists, select Recently Imported and scroll through the list to see if you can find them. If you find them, you can select them and tag them using the Action Window to set Artist and Album or right click and choose Library Tools/Fill properties from filename ... if your folder and filename structure is accurate.

adydula

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 08:02:42 pm »

InflatableMouse..

Thank you for the suggestion.
After dragging it to the albums area the CD2 is showing up ok.

When I did look at the recently imported under Smartlists...nothing
showed up in the list at all on the right side of the screen?

The file folder structure is the same and the name is indentical except for the CD1 vs CD2 part.

I ripped this set of cds some time back with MC17 and didnt see this issue at all.

I rip then check to see that they import correctly right then and there.

It may have happened when I upgraded to MC18..but on the systems I have I still have MC17 installed as well as MC18.

When I noticed the missing CD2 I did look for it with MC17 and it was missing there as well....

oh well...all's well now!

Thanks..
Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up