INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art not showing  (Read 1683 times)

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
Cover art not showing
« on: September 30, 2012, 05:23:06 pm »

My main question: is it possible to get MC to look in the PARENT directory for the cover art (folder.jpg)? On my compilations, the folder.jpg is stored in the parent directory and not in the Disc 1 and Disc 2 subdirectories.

Second Q - there are a few albums where my folder.jpg does not seem to be showing as the cover art. The file I looked at was 3.5MB. Is this why - is there a maximum size for the folder file? Or is there another rason it is not showing?

Thanks!

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
Re: Cover art not showing
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:59:46 pm »

No ideas?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 03:09:24 pm »

My main question: is it possible to get MC to look in the PARENT directory for the cover art (folder.jpg)? On my compilations, the folder.jpg is stored in the parent directory and not in the Disc 1 and Disc 2 subdirectories.

Second Q - there are a few albums where my folder.jpg does not seem to be showing as the cover art. The file I looked at was 3.5MB. Is this why - is there a maximum size for the folder file? Or is there another rason it is not showing?

Q1: I don't think this is supported.  Nice idea though.  Currently, I just copy the image to both folders.  Not a big deal.

Q2: Don't think there's a limit; I just confirmed a 4.87Mb Folder.jpg works.  Perhaps there's something wrong with the image?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 11:16:15 am »

Not a big deal for you perhaps.....but a bit deal for me when I have > 2TB of music   :) 

Seems like such a simple request that would save hours of work!

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 11:23:13 am »

If you have the cover art also saved inside the music files you could do a Save cover art to the location specified in options.

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 01:20:47 pm »

I suppose if you wanted to  reform your  Folder Structure and filenaming conventions  you could get  Folder.jpg to work by storing stuff in 1 folder per album.

i.e

[Album]\[Disc #] - [Track #] - [Name].ext

There is an expression that looks similar to this but is slightly modified, that you can use to  selectively  apply the  Disc #  tag to the file names as well, so it will work for both  single(won't insert Disc # field into filename) and multi-disc albums (Will insert the Disc #),or you could just have a Disc 1 for everything, I suppose..   I use a similar expression for sorting my folder structure of my Video library with custom tags.

but I can't remember where I saw it.  You could probably find out how to do it by reading through the  Expression section of the Wiki
Pages: [1]   Go Up