INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saved Expressions / Profiles (Please?)  (Read 819 times)

Neco

• World Citizen
Saved Expressions / Profiles (Please?)
« on: October 07, 2012, 01:33:55 pm »

I don't know if we have this already and I am just stupid..

But I think it would be very useful if we had a Mechanism to  SAVE  Expressions we write  (i.e  in the Expression Editor)  and are then able to select and use them from the various  Dropdown lists that are supported for various datafields within Media Center..

So let's say I write an expression to  set up a custom folder structure for my Audio Library,  and then I save it and call it  "Audio Folder Structure".   Let's say I also make one for my file naming called "Audio File Names"

Then I go to the  Rename,Move,&Copy Files  function.     The dropdown list for  Rules  allows you to insert Field names, or use your own custom expression.   But wouldn't it be awesome if we also had an Option called  "Saved Expressions",  and could then browse to the expression named  "Audio Folder Structure" and insert that expression,  then do the same with  "Audio File Names" for the File Name  Rule  ??

This would help me a LOT as sometimes I come across and use, or create an expression I only need occasionally and may not always remember how it was built.
This would allow people to have and use expressions they may need from time to time,  or perhaps use quite often,  in various  Media Center menus and would be useful anywhere in the program an expression is allowed.

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Saved Expressions / Profiles (Please?)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 01:21:27 am »

You could save the expression as a custom expression field with a suitable name and then it would be available in MC everywhere fields are available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up