INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change Zones from inside Theater View  (Read 2192 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Change Zones from inside Theater View
« on: October 29, 2012, 10:40:40 am »

Is there a way to change zones from within Theater View?  I have a number of options at the secondary roller level such as Music, Movies and TV.  I want a different zone selected for each of these to set my preferred settings for Audio and Video.  I know I can have an option to launch a program using MC18.exe and this works fine but I can't nest other options under it.

Is there a way to use a Core Command from within an expression so I can use Rules for Display?  Or is there a better way?

Any help much appreciated.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Change Zones from inside Theater View
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 10:49:52 am »

Zones are listed in the secondary roller under 'More'.  They're on the right side.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

locust

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 11:05:21 am »

If you have a remote you may be able to make two commands one for audio and one for video each having two runs, the first run would set the view and the second would set the zone. Using the core commands below, that way you would only need to press one button, to get to the desired area and to set the zone. Although I am unsure whether or not it is possible to make command 10011 set the desired zone you want in a run rather than just toggle. Is there a way to find out the nZoneIndex of your zones and use them in the command?

Hope this helps

22001 MCC_THEATER_VIEW   0:Toggle, 1:Home, 2:Playing Now, 3:Audio, 4:Images, 5:Video, 6:Playlists, 7:CD & DVD, 8:TV
10011   MCC_SET_ZONE   int nZoneIndex (-1 toggles forward, -2 toggles backwards)

NickF

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 11:07:02 am »

Zones are listed in the secondary roller under 'More'.  They're on the right side.
Thanks Matt, I had missed that.  It would be nice to make this automated, rather than having to make a manual selection.  Can I do it the way I was hoping?

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 11:10:08 am »

It would be nice to make this automated

If I understand correctly, you're asking for a feature we've committed to adding to v18:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.msg505027#msg505027

I'm not sure when it will happen, other than during v18.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NickF

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 11:11:17 am »

If you have a remote you may be able to make two commands one for audio and one for video each having two runs, the first run would set the view and the second would set the zone. Using the core commands below, that way you would only need to press one button, to get to the desired area and to set the zone. Although I am unsure whether or not it is possible to make command 10011 set the desired zone you want in a run rather than just toggle. Is there a way to find out the nZoneIndex of your zones and use them in the command?

Hope this helps

22001 MCC_THEATER_VIEW   0:Toggle, 1:Home, 2:Playing Now, 3:Audio, 4:Images, 5:Video, 6:Playlists, 7:CD & DVD, 8:TV
10011   MCC_SET_ZONE   int nZoneIndex (-1 toggles forward, -2 toggles backwards)
Thanks Brian.  That would be OK when entering Theater View but once inside it and using the menus for navigation, that won't work.  Also, I have changed some of the roller option names so 22001 doesn't work.  It would be nice if that command worked by doing a match to a menu title.

Nick.

NickF

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 11:14:54 am »

If I understand correctly, you're asking for a feature we've committed to adding to v18:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.msg505027#msg505027

I'm not sure when it will happen, other than during v18.
Yes, I think that is another way of achieving the same objective.  What I am asking for now is a way to switch zones on selection of a particular Theater View menu option.  So is using core commands within rules not possible?

Nick.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 11:35:25 am »

Yes, I think that is another way of achieving the same objective.  What I am asking for now is a way to switch zones on selection of a particular Theater View menu option.  So is using core commands within rules not possible?

Nick, add a new menu option to Theater View in Options, selecting External Program.  Then specify the MCC command line there.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

NickF

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 12:07:53 pm »

Nick, add a new menu option to Theater View in Options, selecting External Program.  Then specify the MCC command line there.
I tried this option but the problem with it is that you can't nest other menu items under it.  Or am I missing something?

Nick.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 12:15:00 pm »

Add a Category, and nest under that.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rick.ca

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 01:52:35 pm »

I've dealt with this by programming a remote button with Ctrl+T to cycle zones, and modifying the skin to show the zone (along with the time) in the upper left corner.

h8maintenance

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 02:53:34 pm »

I use "Add Media Center Command", scroll to the bottom of the command list and you'll have your own pre-defined zone already set-up there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up