INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View launch External program loses focus  (Read 2307 times)

dwvaughn

• Recent member
Theater View launch External program loses focus
« on: October 08, 2012, 10:02:38 am »

Hello,

I've added a launch external program command to launch Skype from the Theater View.  This is so I can use my TV  as a display for when we call Grandma. The problem I'm having is everytime I click it, Skype launches and then about 10 seconds later Media Center Theater View comes back up.  I have selected the "Hide Media Center While Program is Running" check box in the tools.  Also I'm wondering if there is a way for MC to monitor when the program closes so it will then go back to Theater View?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View launch External program loses focus
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:44:02 pm »

I don't know why MC would be taking back the focus, but I wonder if this is going to work in any case. If Skype is not running, I can start it from Theatre View, and MC remains minimized. Skype continues to run even if I Close it (so it can receive calls). If I Quit Skype, it will actually close and then focus returns to Theatre View. But that's not practical if you want to leave Skype running...

You might be better-off just exiting Theatre View, using Skype, then restarting Theatre View. If you call Grandma as often as you should, you may want to use a script (assigned to a remote button) to pause the movie, exit Theatre View, call her on Skype, then return to the movie when the call is complete. ;)

dwvaughn

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 06:07:55 pm »

Rick, that's a great idea. I'll do some research on how to script it. Can I write the script right in MC?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 06:44:42 pm »

Can I write the script right in MC?

No, I was thinking of something like AutoHotkey.

Rick, that's a great idea.

Well then, here's another plug for Grandma. Write the script, and then schedule it to run whenever you've promised to call her. ;D

dwvaughn

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:20:33 pm »

:-D Thanks again.  I'll let Grandma know you helped out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up