INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video on one zone, audio to another zone  (Read 1204 times)

jreigner

• Recent member
Video on one zone, audio to another zone
« on: September 26, 2012, 01:47:13 pm »

I have my whole house, garage and pool area setup for audio and video using MC17. All of it works great and all. I would like to be able to for instance, play video on a tv in my living room and send the audio to another existing zone(like the living room audio zone i have created). (I have created zones just for audio, simply by using a 7.1 scard and amplifying them directly to the speakers) This would be useful for times when i would like to have better sound quality than the tv speakers. I do have a dedicated theater using MC, so this isnt an all the time thing. It would be great if this was flexible with a 'mix-and-match" setup to direct video and audio sources all over the place. I cant see anything related in the settings, so hopefully this exists. Thanks!!!

jreigner

• Recent member
Re: Video on one zone, audio to another zone
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 11:50:19 am »

No one has ever wanted or tried to do this? oh well, thanks for the views...

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 12:58:51 pm »

I have seen requests for this before and I do not think you can have the zones automatically switch based on media type. I am not sure what the result would be if you linked the Zones when playing Video... You could try it....

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

jreigner

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 11:37:02 am »

Just as an update, I linked my living room client to a zone I have setup for audio only, in this case the living room speakers. The living room client started a movie and the audio only zone started the audio. The video and audio playback was as normal with no change. The audio only zone however couldn't seem to keep up and either stuttered or skipped to keep in sync. All my clients and server are quad core, so maybe I can look to my audio card(audigy)for an answer. Thanks for the advice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up