INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just cant get the M audio sound card to output  (Read 2074 times)

Pablow

• Recent member
  • Love and enjoy Music
Just cant get the M audio sound card to output
« on: October 13, 2012, 12:03:56 pm »

Absolutly agravating, can't get sound to be heard, eg meters ticking away to the music but damnd if i can get it out.
playback settings are:  output Direct sound
                                  output mode: Line 1/2 (M-Audio Delta Audiophile)

SOB this is driving me nuts been under the desk with a flash light switching usb inputs ar ???ound and changing options all Morning.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Just cant get the M audio sound card to output
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 12:10:37 pm »

Do other programs output sound or is it a general issue with your card (in which case this should be moved here)?

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 12:45:58 pm »

I have had two different m-audio dacs  or laptop use. They worked with m-audio ASIO driver. Did you try it? Would be an improvement over DirectSound anyway.

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 07:31:29 pm »

I'm currently running a laptop with a M-Audio Audiophile and a PC with a Delta 192 using ASIO or WASAPI without issue. Is there any chance that you have cables to the inputs not outputs or have the output muted?

Pablow

• Recent member
  • Love and enjoy Music
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 07:37:33 am »

Craig,

I bought the card to use as an upgrade to the resident sound gizmo just for my stored Mp3s, i dont have any thing running in or out of the back on din or RCA, in fact i removed the leads.  The card was working till i upgraded to 18..though i suspect 18 has nothing to do with the problem. Prior to this my output settings were direct sound. ( I use a line 6 UX1 and M-audio Axiom 25 for input into Music Creator 6.)
that of course is another issue
regards

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:29:50 pm »

Sorry if I'm missing something or telling you something you already know but if you don't have any cables connected to the back of the card, you won't get any sound. In order to get sound, you either need to connect the main outputs to either an amplifier then speakers or to powered speakers, using whatever cable adapters may be required. If you connect the card in either way, you should have sound. If you still don't please reply with the exact model of M-Audio card, your OS, and what is connected where/how.
Pages: [1]   Go Up