INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17 Playlist Export/Import Not Working  (Read 3250 times)

Hank

• Recent member
Media Center 17 Playlist Export/Import Not Working
« on: October 13, 2012, 02:31:14 pm »

Media Center 17 seems to act very differently than ver. 15.  My Playlists will not export or import properly with this new version.

I have two computers:  Desktop with all files and Laptop with all files that I use or DJing both using Media Center  17.
In version 15, sync the laptop as a handheld quickly and accurately updated all my play lists and music. In Ver. 17, I can only update the music – not the playlists. They are simply ignored. Directly exporting and importing playlists from any machine seems not to work at all. The play list is always empty.  I have to be missing something obvious. Does anyone seen this situation?  It worked well in Media Center 15.

Thank you and regards,

Hank

buchanan_sj

Re: Media Center 17 Playlist Export/Import Not Working
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 11:34:06 am »

I just upgraded to a new computer and also trying to import my exported playlists I just made same version of MC, but they are not importing at all?  Any help with this would be great!

Thanks.....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 17 Playlist Export/Import Not Working
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 11:38:20 am »

If you're upgrading or moving computers, a library backup / restore might be easier than playlist import / export.

With regards to playlist import, the links in the playlist must be valid for the playlist to import.  Open the playlist in Notepad and take a close look at the filenames.  Do you see anything that might explain what you're seeing?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up