INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows XP - Arcam rPac - JRiver MC17  (Read 1652 times)

Jason36

• Recent member
Windows XP - Arcam rPac - JRiver MC17
« on: October 15, 2012, 03:23:08 am »

I'm having a problem with the above setup and wondering if anyone can help a confused individual?

Asus Netbook running windows XP with Spotify and JRiver MC17......I have an Arcam rPac connected via USB and listen via headphones.

Spotify works no problem with the rPac connected to the netbook, however when I open up JRiver and try and play an album the sound outputs via the netbook speakers and not the headphones connected to the rPac.

The rPac has a green light and is therefore accepting a signal (as I said Spotify works no problem)

The netbook is showing Arcam rPac USB 1.0 as the output device in the sound settings.

Under the options settings, JRiver is showing rPac as the output device......I have tried using both ASIO and Direct Sound under the DSP settings and the sound still outputs via the Netbook. I dont believe XP will accept WASAPI or WASAPI Direct as an output method.

From what I can tell this is an issue with JRiver somewhere rather than the netbook (I am making this assumption on the basis that Spotifiy works with the rPac and Headphones)

Does anybody have any ideas on this?

Jason36

• Recent member
Re: Windows XP - Arcam rPac - JRiver MC17
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 01:00:59 pm »

NOBODY??  ?

EarlK

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 02:31:34 pm »

The word Spotify is highly searchable on this website/forum .

The answer to your query lies within the search results .

As far as I can see ( here ; in a thread called "Spotify Integration" within those results ) , Spotify simply doesn't integrate ( fully ) with MC .    This is an older question that's been mostly talked through within the referenced thread .

- What's not immediately apparent ( from the conversation in that thread ) to new users like myself is  ; what does a lack of integration actually translate into for the casual user ?

- The answer would seem to be that while MC will open the audio stream it won't through-put the Spotify audio-stream into it's ( MC's ) DSP audio engine ( one consequence being,  one can't choose which soundcard gets sent the audio stream by MC after MC is done processing it  ) .

- IOW, Spotify will still only play through the soundcard chosen as the default soundcard within the computer's sound control panel .

:)

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 05:13:50 pm »

Check your settings for the output device in MC.

From the "Player" menu, click on "Playback options".  In the dialog window that appears, click on "Output mode" and choose "DirectSound".  Now click on "Output mode settings" and choose either the default device or Arcam rDAC under device.  Click the OK button on each of the dialog windows.

Try playing something in MC.

If this works, you can try ASIO output.  Go back and check the output mode to "ASIO" and under "Output mode settings", choose your DAC from the list.  Here are some things to consider before you start.

- If your Arcam DAC came with an ASIO driver, be sure that it has been installed.

- If your Arcam DAC did not come with its own ASIO driver, you will have to install ASIO4All and configure it.  ASIO4All is not part of JRiver MC.  You download and install it yourself.

- Since ASIO4ALL is just a thin wrapper sending audio to the Kernel Streaming interface, you might try selecting "Kernel Streaming" as the output method.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up