INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.219 -- Available Here  (Read 29477 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.219 -- Available Here
« on: September 26, 2013, 04:04:37 pm »

This is the latest release of Media Center for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180219.dmg

18.0.219 (9/26/2013)

1. Fixed: Radio buttons were not working.
2. Fixed: Locate > On Disk (external) was not working.
3. Fixed: If Media Center's window position got placed off the top of the screen, it could not be moved back into position.  Now a bad position is fixed at start-up time.
4. Fixed: Potential crashes when importing large number of media files containing certain tag values.

18.0.218 (9/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Files view in tree would not show any files when a folder name in the path contained a bracket character '[]'.
2. Fixed: Mute for system volume was not working.
3. NEW: Next/Previous keyboard media keys are now working.  When held down, they fire FastForward/Rewind events.
4. Fixed: Horizontal scroll direction was the opposite of the Mac 'Natural' scroll direction.
5. Changed: Web links bar is now available (Amazon, AMG, Wiki, etc.).
6. Fixed: Media Center was trying (and failing) to update at program startup. The startup check has been removed.

18.0.217 (9/9/2013)

1. Changed: When media files stored on network drives cannot be found (drive not mounted), files are no longer removed from library - just marked as unavailable.
2. Fixed: Thumbnail drawing could cause crashes on some Macs running 10.6.8 OSX (and maybe others?).
3. Changed: Re-enabled skin effects dialog since MMX functions have been rewritten to utilize SSE instructions.
4. Fixed: In Panes view, file path locations were not working as a panes category for browsing.

18.0.216 (9/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Automatic library backups were not taking place.
2. Fixed: Audio input configuration under: "Tools / Options / Audio / Advanced / Configure input plugin..."  was not working at all.
3. Fixed: System volume control was still not working with some USB DAC's (didn't make it into the last build).
4. Fixed: In Media Network options, Web Gizmo appearance option wasn't working.
5. Changed: Several options were being shown even though they didn't apply to the Mac version.

18.0.215 (8/29/2013)

1. Fixed: 'Tools' main menu option was not honoring the current file selection (would show 'No files selected').
2. Fixed: Cmd-Q now quits the application.
3. Fixed: On OSX 10.6, the Help menu was not working.
4. Fixed: Close & minimize buttons were located incorrectly in mini-view mode.
5. Fixed: System volume was not properly controlling the volume on some USB connected DAC's (i.e. Dragonfly).

18.0.214 (8/27/2013)

1. NEW: Moved application menu to the normal 'Mac' location at the top of the screen.  Still some skinning and positioning work to be done.

18.0.213 (8/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Right clicking in playback display window and choosing "Tag" would cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Filepath() was not functioning properly with user-supplied paths (e.g. filepath(//Users/johnt//foo.mp3)).
3. Fixed: Cover art in Action Window could not be copied to/from the clipboard.
4. Fixed: The "Export playlist" option to use relative paths was not working.
5. Fixed: Apparent z-order problem with auto-import results dialog: it would be invisible and cause the app to look hung.

18.0.212 (8/19/2013)

1. Changed: Improved skin looks more "Mac like".
2. Changed: Sharper text font drawing.
3. Fixed: Custom column sorting window would show up empty.
4. Fixed: MC could fail to load ID3 tag data in AIFF and WAVE files.
5. Fixed: Importing of mp4 files that had a copyright atom could cause MC to crash.

18.0.211 (7/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Semi-colon in path names could cause import to not work.
2. NEW: Audio files can be played from Finder.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: DLNA bug where SetNextAVTransportURI gets called at least once even when disabled.
5. Fixed: DLNA polling interval bug, reduce chatter.
6. Changed: DLNA handle bug from some renderers which mis-spell NOT_IMPLEMENTED!
7. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).

18.0.207 (7/3/2013)

1. Fixed: Mouse scroll wheel wasn't working on OSX 10.6 systems.
2. Fixed: On OSX 10.6 systems, it would appear to hang when trying to quit the program.
3. Fixed: Downloading files larger than 2GB could fail.
4. Changed: Tuned how the time remaining is reported in the Action Window during downloads (to work better with large downloads and to be more concise).
5. Fixed: Album and artist fields in "Podcast tag and file renaming rules" now work as expected.
6. Fixed: Ogg Vorbis now fills its compression field with "Ogg Vorbis".
7. Fixed: When converting some FLAC files to ogg, it will no longer tag as "ogv"

18.0.206 (6/28/2013)

1. Fixed: Bold and Italic modes chosen in font picking dialog did not get used.
2. Fixed: Font picking dialog did not initialize to the current font settings.
3. Fixed: Text was unreadable in disabled text edit fields.
4. Fixed: Once Cover View was selected, the top line of the display with the 'leave cover view' button was inaccessible so you couldn't exit cover view.

18.0.202 (6/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Some ALAC files (e.g. those produced by 'Sound Studio 3') were not playable because of a strange looking 'alac' mp4 atom.  We now ignore the strange data.
2. Fixed: Media Center was not honoring the typeface chosen in the font picking dialog.

18.0.201 (6/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Trackpad scrolling did not support the fine scrolling mode, so it was difficult to scroll to a particular item in a list.
2. Fixed: Web page titles on tabs were showing extraneous text.
3. NEW: Support for choosing text fonts using the Options dialog 'Select font...' item under Tree & View.
4. Fixed: Tag saving to APE files was not working (Mac only).
5. Changed: Switched the default audio buffering method to 'Hardware default' to work better with devices that don't properly support hardware buffer size changes (configurable in Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
6. Fixed: Typing into the Search box could cause crashes when a MC Windows library had been transferred to Mac and it contained long field values (e.g. Lyrics field).
7. Changed: When a file has no Replay Gain, a Replay Gain of -10dB will be used if no other files in Playing Now are analyzed (otherwise the average of analyzed files is used).

18.0.197 (6/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Options dialog could a crash if volume mode was set to disabled.
2. Fixed: Periodic freeze-ups in the DLNA servers (build 196 only).

18.0.196 (6/13/2013)

1. Fixed: SSDP server would die after a varying period of time.

18.0.195 (6/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Library server syncing was not working from a Windows client to a Mac server.
2. NEW: Added support for OGG input format.
3. Changed: Car Radio automatically cleans up duplicate static playlists that used the same index.
4. Changed: SSDP advertisement could hard kill the advertiser in some cases, leaving sockets and/or the internet layer in an undefined state.
5. Fixed: Small icons could draw too large in a details list in some cases.
6. Changed: Basic HTML text formatting tokens like < b >, < font >, < u >, etc. will be supported in almost all text drawing (previously they only worked in some areas of the program).
7. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
8. Changed: When switching tracks that require a hardware stop / start like on a sample rate change, the startup silence option will be honored (silence will be maximum of between track gap and startup silence gap).
9. Fixed: Temp files created for .wvc files are now renamed to their final name when done when encoding Wavpack.
10. Fixed: Empty temp files are no longer created when encoding lossless Wavpack. 
11. Changed: Wavpack files now display compression information. 
12. Changed: When acting as a DLNA renderer, Media Center will use "error free" mode so that playback errors won't cause message boxes to display (since the controller is normally in a different place).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.219 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 07:27:46 am »

ciamarra,
Your posts are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83907.0

Please report details of the problem, not complaints.  Your problem isn't common so it may take some time to identify the cause.

The release thread should be used for bug reports, and not for problems that require discussion.  Thanks.

bechatman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 09:17:33 am »

Converting multiple files worked when I first loaded this version, but failed when I tried to convert several albums at a time. After that first crash, though, I haven't been able to convert any files at all using MC. I have the error log if that helps.

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 09:19:29 am »

Converting multiple files worked when I first loaded this version, but failed when I tried to convert several albums at a time. After that first crash, though, I haven't been able to convert any files at all using MC. I have the error log if that helps.
Yes, the log might help.  Thanks.

bechatman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 09:39:56 am »

Here's the log.

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 09:59:47 am »

Here's the log.
I'm sorry, I meant the Media Center log.   After it crashes doing a conversion, restart Media Center and go to Help / Logging / Report problem...

bechatman

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 06:07:55 pm »

I'm sorry, I meant the Media Center log.   After it crashes doing a conversion, restart Media Center and go to Help / Logging / Report problem...

Ah ok. Sorry. I will do that, too.

1yen

extended trial?
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 06:25:28 am »

I used to be an avid JRiver Media Center user when I was on windows.  Four years ago I switched to mac, and the only really bad part from my side was losing J River!  I was really excited to hear the development of a mac version, and when it was initially announced and the first trial was offered I jumped on it.  This was way back in February.

Needless to say, the software was not that mature then and my 30 day trial quickly ran out.  It seems like much progress has been made since then, but I am not willing to pay $50 to try and see.  Is there any way the trial can be extended again?  I would love to see how this works and if it fits my needs.  As a past user I would gladly pay if I felt it has reached the polished level the windows versions I used did.  What are my options?

best,
dan

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 10:09:30 am »

If you first tried MC18, you can probably try MC19 now.  It's posted on the Mac board.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 05:22:05 pm »

More odd behavior.

I add several different albums to the Network player.
I use the player window to sort them to keep them playing by album but the list order keeps changing.
Also if I have the list order more or less setup and then I remove an album from the list, the list order sorting reverts back to a seemingly random order, and the little priority numbers that appear in the column headers go away as well.

For a single album it isn't a problem but (for example) if you play an entire genre the playing order is anything but ordered.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

pirogallo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 07:41:26 pm »

The same here, i have ALL the lists that MC shows (f.e. Folder list in files view, tag list, album list, pane lists...) in random orders. Hope mc people will take the time to look at.
Build 219

gciraso

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 03:52:14 pm »

Converting files from ALAC to FLAC, program freezes and then crashed. Build 219, MacBook Pro 4 GB RAM, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 10.8.5.
The log in attachement.

pirogallo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 04:53:22 pm »

;)

bechatman

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 08:12:59 am »

The file conversion issue stopped right after I reported it, but it came back. I'm not 100 percent sure what triggers it, but the issue seems to happen if you try to convert files that have been added to the library during the same session. After that, you can restart your computer and open and close MC as many times as you want and it will still crash every time with multiple files, until you convert a single file. After that, it's like MC is trained to convert again.

The log is attached.

Poodle

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 07:49:54 pm »

So far, this is the most stable MC OSX. MC18's DLNA server stays up as promised. MC19's DLNA server drops for no reason after a few hours.
I only use the DLNA functionality of MC, so am forced to use MC18.

One single issue: MC18 reports 0 channels, 0 khz to JRemote intermittently on track change.

Some tracks are reported correctly, others report zeroes. There is no repeatable pattern as to why. On multiple track changes, sometimes the same track will report zeroes at one time, and correctly at another.
If I can help troubleshoot in some way, please let me know.
This is an issue with the server and not the iOS remote app, which is why it has been posted here.

Cheers,

Poodle.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 08:26:25 pm »

MC18 reports 0 channels, 0 khz to JRemote intermittently on track change.

I have noticed, from writing a recent plugin, that the reporting of Channels and khz by MC is not as instant as Album, Artist ect...

It may be that the remote app may have to re-query these values to get them...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Poodle

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 09:10:01 pm »

Maybe Ken. Doesn't seem to be an issue in MC19 OSX, or Windows.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 06:30:15 am »

bryanttrew

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 10:27:10 am »

18 continues to show a status of upgrade available even though there isn't. 

18 doesn't have an execute function when shutting the Mac down.  It stops shut down instead of merely closing the app like every other OSX application does. 

18 is also rather annoying in that the changes made to viewing my library aren't retained on restart.  I like to go straight to Genre view, minimise other devises on the network, etc.  But whenever I restart J River it puts me back to the default home screen, where I have to click Audio, click Genre, minimise the left pane, resize etc. all over again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up