INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC v17 and M4A  (Read 794 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
MC v17 and M4A
« on: October 22, 2012, 10:00:57 am »

I am three weeks into installing and stabilizing Media Center.  Server crashes, sometimes every few minutes, sometimes every hour.  This weekend I looked at the server log and noticed a particular crash was with the M4A encoder.

Does MC support this format?  About 1/3 of my library is this format.  I bit the bullet and converted (using db AMP) all of the M4A's to WAV.  So far (about two hours) so good.  Is this format not supported?  The server is running Win 7, the client XP pro.  Since the server and client are on different floors in the house, this is quite frustrating.

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC v17 and M4A
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:09:49 am »

Sorry for the trouble.

Sometimes there's something unexpected in a file that causes a crash.  If we have the file, we can normally fix it easily.

Could you send a sample M4A file (the one listed at the end of the log before the crash) to matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

larryrup

• World Citizen
Re: MC v17 and M4A
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:14:24 am »

I'll take a look and see if the file is one of the ones that did not convert and still available.

Possible to make MC react a bit more gracefully when handling a file it does not like?

Regards,

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up