INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote control commands - a few do not work as expected  (Read 2363 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Remote control commands - a few do not work as expected
« on: December 23, 2012, 11:13:02 pm »

I am using all default command mappings for an MCE remote. I even just reset it to be sure.

Guide - This doesn't take me to the guide. It takes me to the main menu where I can then select Guide.
Info - This doesn't show me info about the show I'm watching, it shows me a time shifting bar.

Also, since I switched over to using Live TV streamed to a library client, channel down on the client goes back in time (similar to or exactly like hitting the left arrow). Channel up works, though.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Remote control commands - a few do not work as expected
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 09:06:09 am »

Guide - This doesn't take me to the guide. It takes me to the main menu where I can then select Guide.

I believe it will go to a view called Video > Guide in Theater View.  If you rename or reshuffle views, the button won't work the same.

Info - This doesn't show me info about the show I'm watching, it shows me a time shifting bar.

The Info button shows the OSD by design.  Use up/down/left/right to control it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 03:23:48 pm »

Sorry to hijack, but another for me is Play/Pause. My remote has independent buttons for each and work fine in Windows Media Center, but in JRiver they both do both things.

So if something is playing, pressing the Play button pauses it. If something is paused, pressing the Pause button plays it. Can I stop this, so Play is only play and Pause is only pause?

ivwshane

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 06:27:05 pm »

Is there a reason why we can't map the buttons to whatever action we want (non macro)?

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 05:24:19 pm »

Pressing the Stop button on my MCE remote sometimes stops the video and other times is doesn't.
I then have to use the Back button to Stop... strange

globetrotters1

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 03:18:41 pm »

It worked perfectly in MC17 - since installation of MC18 is doesn't anymore

Also because we use the MC remote control JRiver sells!

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 04:55:07 pm »

I use imon with a silverstone case set to mce and I can re-assign any button on the remote to whatever action I like. Eg Theatre view is Ctl + 4 so I assigned (in the Imon utility) that keyboard shortcut to invoke when pressing a certain button when MC18 is active.

globetrotters1

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 05:17:47 pm »

thezone,
sorry, you miss the main point! I suppose that this problem also occurs with your IMon remote. After starting a movie (and sometimes after some minutes) it stops responding to a PLAY/PAUSE or STOP command. It just plays on and on, this is the main problem. Some other keys also show no reaction at all anymore. Other keys work fine. It happened to me also that suddenly sometimes the program responds, but it is rare. I suppose the main problem is that the remote control event is not caught correctly/always in MC18. In MC17 it worked perfectly, so obviously someone changed the logic of the program

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 12:17:13 am »

thezone,
sorry, you miss the main point! I suppose that this problem also occurs with your IMon remote. After starting a movie (and sometimes after some minutes) it stops responding to a PLAY/PAUSE or STOP command. It just plays on and on, this is the main problem. Some other keys also show no reaction at all anymore. Other keys work fine. It happened to me also that suddenly sometimes the program responds, but it is rare. I suppose the main problem is that the remote control event is not caught correctly/always in MC18. In MC17 it worked perfectly, so obviously someone changed the logic of the program

Sorry do not have this problem at all with MC18 once I imported the MC18 exe into imon utility manger. Good luck

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 11:05:50 am »

thezone,
I've seen this problem as well, MC seems to lose focus sometimes and stop responding to button presses until I click the mouse or press a keyboard key on the MC window, then all is well again.  We'll fix this when we're in the office next week.  Sorry for the trouble.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 01:09:13 pm »

I can't press and hold left/right to whizz through Theater View categories..... have to single press after single press.

Microsoft Media Center Receiver, using a Logitech Harmony 300i remote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up