INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The devil is in the details  (Read 2317 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
The devil is in the details
« on: October 20, 2012, 02:57:23 am »

I moved away from xbmc a while back, but I finally decided to clean up all the clutter it left behind. See screenshot.  ::)  ;D

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
Re: The devil is in the details
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 06:26:29 am »

hehehehe ....  :D :D :D :D :D :D

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 04:01:04 pm »

:)

Very interesting choice of moving away from XBMC. Unless you've done so already elsewhere, would you mind sharing a few reasons why and when you made the move?
Also, this is as good a place as any to say this - I've really appreciated the help you've given me and others on this forum in recent weeks.

Daydream

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 05:10:45 pm »

So, the OP chose to delete the 'extrathumbs' and I don't know what else content that XBMC created. Meaning all the metadata and art XBMC created for his media, metadata and art that MC is not able to create for you and it seems like it will never will.

So how is that evil?

pcstockton

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 05:58:23 pm »

look closer
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Daydream

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 07:12:37 pm »

OK, OCR applied :). In my defense, my XBMC sensibilities trump my... Halloween mood!

On a somewhat more constructive approach, it would be cool to find a way to reuse all that art.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 01:50:28 am »

:)

Very interesting choice of moving away from XBMC. Unless you've done so already elsewhere, would you mind sharing a few reasons why and when you made the move?
Also, this is as good a place as any to say this - I've really appreciated the help you've given me and others on this forum in recent weeks.

I replaced a Dune HD mediastreamer for an ASRock ION pc with XBMC late 2011. I started using MC for videoplayback in the later builds of version 17 but I soon discovered I couldn't use all the goodies as the ASRock was too slow. I went back to XMBC for video playback. In june 2012 I built a new HTPC with an i5 and GT430 and stopped using XBMC.

I actually tried a new build of XMBC a few weeks ago but I was shocked to see that all the problems still exist. At this point I would say XBMC is broken and virtually unusable, unless you disable all premium features like video clock sync, refresh rate switching and HD audio decoding (Basically, go back to version 10). And that's the problem with programs like that. At one point it worked flawless (v.10), the next it's nothing but trouble. MC18's beta's have been treating me better than the last few months of builds including stables of XBMC. I get it, it's open source, lots of developers and thats great, but there is no support and only god knows their priorities. Posting on their forums doesn't help, either no response or they tell you to wait for the next build.

Besides, once you've experienced MC at its best, you don't want to go back to something else :D.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 05:52:45 pm »

Cool. Thanks for the info. If you go to AVS, or almost any tech forum, it's full of people happily using XBMC and loving it. I guess the eye-candy aspect of it (and price) really is an overwhelming factor for many people. Your post is a good testimonial for JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up