INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting of TV episodes in Gizmo  (Read 3998 times)

oscar226

Sorting of TV episodes in Gizmo
« on: October 25, 2012, 03:35:25 am »

Hello,

I tried mediaportal with ampdroid, but couldn't make it work, so that probably says something about my level of expertise.

Then I tried MC 18 beta with gizmo and it works pretty good. My wife can finally use the HTCP with her phone. Just start  MC 18 on the computer and start gizmo on her android phone and put on the tv. The problem is that the tv shows seem to be sorted in a random order. They seem to be fine in the MC 18  library on the computer. They have the correct series and episode number in the tag, but from gizmo you can't see which episode is which. So in the end for us this MC 18 is not an option.

Am I correct in this or is there a solution?

Thanks anyway   

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sorting of TV episodes in Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:05:40 am »

Sort order defaults are probably just bad.

You find the view customization under Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo

You find the view you need to configure. For example Video\Seasons
Click "Set rules for file display.." Go to Modify Results and select "Sort by".
Click "Add..." and "A-Z", and find the library fields called "Season" and then add another called "Episode".

This will give you a list with:
Season (A-Z)
Episode (A-Z)

This means that it will sort on Season first, then the Episodes. Season is really not required here, as the view forces you to select TV Show and then Seasons. But for the View "Shows" for instance, this would be very useful. If it was not used here, you would have episode 1 from all seasons first in the list.

You can do a TON of things with views and library fields and custom expressions. I would recommend trying to create a few and play with it. It's pretty cool. Leaving out the watched stuff by filtering out the items with over 0 in the [Number Plays] tag is my favorite.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

oscar226

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 01:41:37 pm »

Thank you so much, it worked. The default sorting was by date or something. I will give the extra options some try when I have more time. The sorting and tagging possibilities are a little bit overwhelming to the novice user, but probably worth to investigate.

greetings

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 11:18:47 am »

Sort order defaults are probably just bad.

You find the view customization under Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo

You find the view you need to configure. For example Video\Seasons
Click "Set rules for file display.." Go to Modify Results and select "Sort by".
Click "Add..." and "A-Z", and find the library fields called "Season" and then add another called "Episode".

This will give you a list with:
Season (A-Z)
Episode (A-Z)

This means that it will sort on Season first, then the Episodes. Season is really not required here, as the view forces you to select TV Show and then Seasons. But for the View "Shows" for instance, this would be very useful. If it was not used here, you would have episode 1 from all seasons first in the list.

You can do a TON of things with views and library fields and custom expressions. I would recommend trying to create a few and play with it. It's pretty cool. Leaving out the watched stuff by filtering out the items with over 0 in the [Number Plays] tag is my favorite.
Great advice ... glad to find this post.  I have recently set up WebGizmo for access through my Android phone or a web browser when away from home and thought that all my sorting and grouping from Theater View would show up there.  Now I know where to go and what to do on the WebGizmo side.
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR
Pages: [1]   Go Up