INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-import tagging request: allow us to modify the path  (Read 1622 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto-import tagging request: allow us to modify the path
« on: July 27, 2012, 09:54:25 am »

In the auto-import dialog box where we can set fields and values to auto-tag, would it be possible to allow us to modify the path rather than just the fields and values?

I ask because when you can't modify the path, you have to re-create all the rules and boy does that get tedious.
I had all my rules set to the following:

\\Alfredo\FilmDrive1\Movies\     set to Media Type: Video,  Media SubType: Movie 
\\Alfredo\FilmDrive1\Bonus\      set to Media Type: Video,  Media SubType: Other  Media Category: Bonus Features
\\Alfredo\FilmDrive1\Shorts       set to Media Type: Video,  Media SubType: Short
etc etc, and then repeat for \\Alfredo\Filmdrive2 and filmdrive3 etc.

So I had to create the import rules for each of these folders (there were LOTS). (By the way, it would be great if we could save the rules and just apply them rather than have to re-create the same rule for multiple directories).

Then I decided to not use the networked path but go directly to local, so I had to change all the \\Alfredo\Filmdrive1 and 2 and 3 to M:\Movies N:\Movies etc.  Basically I had to delete my existing 16+ rules and re-create from scratch because I couldn't just change the path from \\Alfredo\FilmDrive1\Movies to M:\Movies
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Auto-import tagging request: allow us to modify the path
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:11:16 pm »

So I had to create the import rules for each of these folders (there were LOTS). (By the way, it would be great if we could save the rules and just apply them rather than have to re-create the same rule for multiple directories).

Totally agreed.  I have a handful of rules that I need to apply over and over again with slight modifications.  Building them from scratch each time is tedious.  It would be nice to be able to duplicate the rules that are already there and modify them, or something like that.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 05:42:10 pm »

Still no to this?

Is there a backdoor, like perhaps a text file or an xml file that is generated by MC that I could edit manually?
We just upgraded our computer and I have to set up all my import rules again. Not a fan of deleting them all and re-creating from scratch when in most cases the only thing that changes is the drive letter.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 05:48:04 pm »

+1

I changed drives recently, and wished I could just edit the paths.

Who do we need to talk to so this can get changed :P
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 06:56:18 pm »

Good one ;-)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 03:51:10 pm »

Next build of MC18:
Changed: When editing an auto-import folder, it's possible to change the path (so you no longer have to remove all rules and add them again to switch drives).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 08:54:58 pm »

Next build of MC18:
Changed: When editing an auto-import folder, it's possible to change the path (so you no longer have to remove all rules and add them again to switch drives).

Excellent. Thanks Matt.

And in the version after that we will be able to copy/paste sets of rules for those instances where just one rule among many has to be modified, yes? ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up