INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Launching from WMC  (Read 934 times)

cebalaw

• Recent member
Launching from WMC
« on: October 26, 2012, 10:26:51 am »

I use Ceton device tuners for recording TV, which require me to use Windows Media Center. However, music, DVD images, and pictures don't seem to work well in WMC and I still prefer JRiver for those (as well as the Explorer gadget). I created a button in WMC using Windows Media Studio to launch JRiver and have set JRiver to open in theater view by default. I have a PC connected to my TV/receiver and use a remote to do navigation (Adesso ARC-1100 MCE Infrared Remote Control).

I have a couple issues and wonder if anyone can help me determine if I have it configured incorrectly or have reached limitations of having two media center applications.

When JRiver is launched (from WMC) and takes focus, WMC will sometimes retake focus and not permit me to go back to JRiver (even if I click on my link again it just keeps bringing me back to the WMC start screen). I am forced to close WMC in order to return to JRiver and close. Also, I will sometimes get an error in WMC about a permission issue and be requested to Switch To, Kill, or Close JRiver.

When I am done with JRiver and want to return to WMC, I close theater view (using the close button on the remote, which mimics Alt-F4). This takes me back to the standard view of JRiver, and requires me to hit close again. Anyway to immediatley close JRiver when theater view is closed?

I use the Explorer gadget of JRiver frequently, but have noticed long delays when opening a directory (when compared to opening through Windows Explorer). What is JRiver doing in theater view that is taking so long, can I do something to speed this up (it is not clear if my button pressed wasn't recognized or if it is just loading)?

I have my pictures directory organized into folders for year and then event. When I view through the Images category in Theater View, I see an albums view (which I cannot decipher) but no way to view by folder unless I choose Disk. When going through Disk view, I have to navigate to the folder, but once there I cannot find a way to view the fodler as a slideshow; I instead can only see one at a time.

JRiver seems to locate my imaged DVDs correctly, but has issues with BluRay images. No cover art or meta data is loaded, and for some I get multiple entries for the same movie (each video file of the BluRay image gets its own entry).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Launching from WMC
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 09:48:57 pm »

Did you find anything elsewhere, or figure out anything new?
LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

la·zy [ley-zee] - Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
au·to·ma·tion [aw-tuh-mey-shuh n] - The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up