INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: please help  (Read 740 times)

carrie

please help
« on: April 18, 2002, 12:47:54 pm »

when i click start in cd writer it tells me the drive is empty or not ready but i have a blank disc in it...what can i do to fix this please help me???!!!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:please help
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2002, 12:56:44 pm »

First of all, repost your question with a subject line that describes your problem. You'll get more people to read it that way, and the moderator (JimH) is just going to come in here and tell you the same thing anyway (and probably close this thread).

And when you do, be sure to include your version of MJ and system info. In MJ, go to Help -> System Info, then copy the text that comes up and paste it into your message. The more details you can provide in your post, the better chance you have of somebody being able to help you. You may also want to do a search of this board (the Search Talk Back link above) for other posts about CD burning that may help.

One more question (for you to answer in the new thread) : Do you know if your CD burner is the master or slave on your IDE port? Or is it SCSI?

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2002, 01:01:07 pm »

Doof, you make a better JimH than I do.  Thanks.

A long time ago, I had a sales guy working for me who got in a tangle with a customer.  The customer didn't like his attitude and said, "Let me talk to your boss."  The sales guy said, "Well, you can talk to him, but he's going to tell you exactly what I am, and besides, I'm way nicer than he is."  The customer calmed down.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2002, 01:03:59 pm »

Does that mean I get a raise? Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up