INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning to people upgrading from MC17 and using MC for recordings  (Read 973 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen

If you upgrade to MC18, recordings will continue to work. But, the guide stops updating. Since it's already filled in for a few weeks out, you won't notice at first. But eventually it won't know what's showing and not be able to record.

On the plus side, the new automatic EPG setup is way better than setting up mc2xml used to be.

pauly139

• World Citizen
Re: Warning to people upgrading from MC17 and using MC for recordings
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 09:19:24 pm »

I'm importing from IceTV in Aus for my EPG (using the MC18 XML import capability) and it continues to work fine. No problem with it automatically updating each day.

Paul.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 09:24:27 pm »

I believe this has been fixed:

18.0.61 (10/24/2012)
Changed: Sometimes a channel identifier could change in the automatic EPG loading system and cause the channel to no longer load guide data.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 10:13:28 pm »

Sorry to make it sound worse than it is. That was my experience (and it happened before .61 came out, even though it took me awhile to write about it). The .61 change makes it sound like it was a per-channel problem, though, and this was a global problem for me.

It could have been because I was using a full-donated version of mc2xml in MC17 and that didn't carry over to MC18 (because it requires you copy a different exe that gets emailed to you into Program Files).
Pages: [1]   Go Up