INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touchscreen Jukebox  (Read 7587 times)

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
Touchscreen Jukebox
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:38:59 am »

I'm trying to find out what it would take to set up a skin (if that's what the option would be) to emulate a touchscreen jukebox, similar to what you would see in a bar. It would need to have large buttons, a way to select letters A-Z to see artists (either via a slider or individual buttons for each letter), and also have a pop-up keyboard to allow users to type in search words.

My setup is a primary server that runs MC and then various PC's in the house that are connected to touchscreens. The server is connected to 4 amplifiers that pipe music throughout the house. Since each touchscreen is not connected directly to an amplifier, running other jukebox software is not an option, as they appear to only play music from the PC they are running on.

This would be a great option for people that entertain - it would allow guests to control the music throughout the night.

I posted something on the MC18 board and it was suggested I bring up the idea here. There are other users that have posted requests like this on other versions of MC. I'm hoping by posting here it will spark some thoughts...

That being said - any ideas?

Thanks,
GB
LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

la·zy [ley-zee] - Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
au·to·ma·tion [aw-tuh-mey-shuh n] - The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Touchscreen Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 08:37:25 am »

would this work? (see attachment)

that is made in thv and brings you to the artists. search could also be done from the start of thv.

:)
gab

ps: if that is what you want i can explain how to get it.

kurushi

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:48:05 am »

Hi gappie i want to know how to do that :p

gappie

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 08:54:22 am »

hey kurushi :)

make a new view in thv. start to add artist and click at the bottom, grouping. leave the grouping size at 1 (you can try an other number to see what it does).
now add artist again but without grouping.
add album too

thats it.

hope it is a bit clear  :P

gab

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 09:15:56 am »

That helps a bit, but is still not "idiot-proof" for my application.

I would like to be able to search the catalog, and I do not want people to have the ability to remove songs from playlists, or change zones, etc.

I want people to literally walk up to the screen and operate it in the same way you would a jukebox in a bar...

Select an artist, select a song and it is immediately added to the "Playing Now". If they want to search for a song, they can bring up an on-screen keyboard that allows them to type in a search criteria. I would also like the search criteria to only hit artist name and title, not any other tags that might be associated with songs.

For example, typing in "Rock" would bring up "Rock of Ages", but not the genre "Rock".

LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

au·to·ma·tion [aw-tuh-mey-shuh n] - The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system.

kurushi

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 10:21:49 am »

Maybe with MC in party mode?

@Gappie i 'll try seems easy again u're the master of viewcustomization^^

Edit i haven't the new button like on you're screen and i don't know how to do a view in theater mode :p.

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 12:30:43 pm »

I believe "Party Mode" stops people from closing the app and doing other various items, but doesn't provide the nice big buttons and sliders to control the artisits...
LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

kurushi

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 12:34:45 pm »

Ok it was in options==>Theater and it's amazing BIG thx Gappie usefull! Customization in theater is very good  dunno this thx again:

gappie

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 03:01:11 pm »

I believe "Party Mode" stops people from closing the app and doing other various items, but doesn't provide the nice big buttons and sliders to control the artisits...
when you believe that.. try. its a mode that does not hurt anybody. the big buttons i posted already. im not sure what you mean with sliders to control the artists, but search in thv has become much better (i just noticed). MC is not a gadget ;) but serious software. explore, you might get far.

oh, and it is fun.

gab

gappie

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 03:06:36 pm »

Ok it was in options==>Theater and it's amazing BIG thx Gappie usefull! Customization in theater is very good  dunno this thx again:

:) im sorry. yeah it was there, and its amazing how BIG when turning up the size under options>thv. ;)

au revoir
gab

kurushi

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 07:37:30 pm »

I prefer to stick with 100% because roller is too much large :(

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 08:54:29 am »

Maybe I am missing something. How do you create a view specific to Theater mode?
LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 09:24:14 am »

Maybe I am missing something. How do you create a view specific to Theater mode?
Tools/Options/TheaterView.

kurushi

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 10:02:50 am »

I have just read on the wiki too it's possible to create a standard view and to import it in Theater (root...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up